PDA

View Full Version : Well done Pousse!

Soupie
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Last night was the first night she spent the entire night on my bed with me curled up - only leaving once for the obligatory midnight snack/trip to ladies room and kill the scratching post! :smt038 :smt038

She is also very helpful when I am reading in bed - putting one paw on the left side of the book to keep the pages down for me :lol:

Really pleased as last night she seemed much more settled and not pacing the flat so much and for the first time didn't jump off the bed when I got in :D She normally hops off and back on again.

So a tiny achievement but a nice one - I know some people (not aimed at on here but on another board I frequent) think it's wrong to have cats on your bed but for me it's the nicest bit of having a cat ;)

Fran
07-02-2007, 11:58 AM
A big break through! I am so pleased for you and Pousse :D

My cats sleep on mine and the childrens' beds too ;)

alexgirl73
07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah for Pousse!!! It's the little things that mean the most sometimes! And hey, I sleep with one cat at my feet, another curled up in the crook of my knees and Teddie sleeps on my pillow beside me!!

yola
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
A cat on the bed is the nicest thing! I always have Balie on my feet and Darcy usually on my pillow. And if it's really cold, Fifi will come and snuggle up alongside my tummy for a bit.

I don't get why people don't allow it. Still, (shrugs) each to their own :D

Edit to say, well done Pousse!! Little steps, but each one is a step in the right direction :-)

dinahsmum
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
See ..... she's coming round. It'll soon be like you've been together for ever.

sammy
07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Ahh bless! She's obviously starting to relax with you! :D

I too have no problem with cats on the bed - apart from my Bubs, she's just too noisy!

charliebubs
07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Great news..........a big step in the right direction.

I usually have 4 out of my 5 cats on the bed with me. Abi is never happy unless she's right up under the covers with me either. It makes for hairy sheets, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Hmmmmm - perhaps that's why I'm single (scratching head) :)

Rosie
07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Glad your little feline is settling in. As for cats on the bed - I have one lurcher under the duvet and Alfie on the duvet every night. Some nights even the old bag Rosie joins us although as I have said before Rosie isn't an old bag anymore. Since getting Alfie she is a born again cat!:D

Mags
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Sounds like Pousse is starting to feel comfortable in her new home :D ....... it's all upwards from hereon!!:D

Cassie always sleeps on the bed too! ;)

EmmaG
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Excellent news!!! she just needs a bit of time.

Both of my cats sleep on my bed, Arthur sometimes sleeps in the bed ;)

tilly
07-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Great news.

My cats aren't allowed to sleep with me as they don't actually sleep they just tread all over me and take flying leaps and land on me which scares me half to death. But I would love them to do so and have no problem with it.

Sally

dandysmom
07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Great news, she's beginng to relax and trust!! All of my cats have slept with me over the years; wouldn't have it any other way!

Sweet
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Great news...

I love my cats with me, they all seem to take turns during the night, infact I think its their bed :roll: and I just sleep there if theres room x

Elaine
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Awww so pleased for you Soupie. Cannt imagine ever going to sleep without at least one cat on the bed. These "others" you refer to dont know what they are missing.

TIGS
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM
tigs sleeps on the bed with us too. i love it :)

Kobster
07-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Awe great news! I love it when they have that lightbulb moment that says, "I'm safe here, and loved".

No cats in the bed! How does one sleep without at least one cat in the bed! Rubbish!