PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime

dreams
04-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I do wish some people would keep their cats in at night!
Where i live in east sussex there are lots of foxes and 2 nights a go i sat up for 2 hours watching 5 foxes watch 2 cats!
I was so scared something was going to happen to the cats, luckily the foxes ended up going away but i was so scared.
Foxes are known to attack cats.
I just wish people could be more responsible with their kittys.
How is everyone and puss cats?
Take care,
Louise xx

Kobster
04-02-2007, 02:51 AM
Exactly why I won't let my cats out! So dangerous. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of them.

dandysmom
04-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Depends where you live and what the hazards are. I live in Washington, DC. two blocks from the park (woods) , where we do have foxes (also possums, raccoons and rabbits), and on a busy street which is also a bus route, so my cats are strictly indoors. My previous cats were harness trained and enjoyed going out for a walk, smelling new scents, watching birds, eating grass, etc. but have always felt it was too dangerous to let them roam.

CathyW
04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
mine used to be out door cats, but since we moved to the flat, they have been indoor boys, i prefer it, unless our next move is really a safe area, then they will still be indoor fellas. (we are on the lookout for a move) tossup between hampshire (countryside) and derbyshire (edge of a small town peak district) so either way we are on the move :)

dreams
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Kobster;338575]Exactly why I won't let my cats out! So dangerous. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of them.[/QUOTE

I just dont understand why people get pets then dont look after them

dreams
04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Depends where you live and what the hazards are. I live in Washington, DC. two blocks from the park (woods) , where we do have foxes (also possums, raccoons and rabbits), and on a busy street which is also a bus route, so my cats are strictly indoors. My previous cats were harness trained and enjoyed going out for a walk, smelling new scents, watching birds, eating grass, etc. but have always felt it was too dangerous to let them roam.

Where i live we are opposite a woods with badgers, foxes and owls and foxes have been fighting with the cats,
Its just to dangerpous where we are.

dreams
04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
mine used to be out door cats, but since we moved to the flat, they have been indoor boys, i prefer it, unless our next move is really a safe area, then they will still be indoor fellas. (we are on the lookout for a move) tossup between hampshire (countryside) and derbyshire (edge of a small town peak district) so either way we are on the move :)

Mine were outdoor cats but not through our choosing, previous owneres threw them out, I think its safer cats being indoors.
Good luck with looking for a place :)

smudgley
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
[quote=dreams;338688I just dont understand why people get pets then dont look after them[/quote]

I don't think allowing your cats to be out at night can be classed as not looking after them. :roll:

Mags
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I think it is people's own personal choice, I don't think you can class it as not looking after your pet if you allow it out at night.......

Here is a link to a thread we had on this subject just a week or so ago .......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19024&highlight=Do+you+let+your+cat+out+at+night%3F

dreams
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't think allowing your cats to be out at night can be classed as not looking after them. :roll:

I didn't mean by just allowing them out at night peope are not looking after them

dreams
04-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I think it is people's own personal choice, I don't think you can class it as not looking after your pet if you allow it out at night.......

Here is a link to a thread we had on this subject just a week or so ago .......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19024&highlight=Do+you+let+your+cat+out+at+night%3F

Hi i looked at the thread and i dont agree with the rescue.
Yes it is peoples own choice in letting their cats out but where i live there have been many cats injured due to foxes.
I didn't mean it nastily to any one who lets their cats out at night i just think people need to be aware of the dangers