PDA

View Full Version : Teddies new food!

alexgirl73
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Decided to give Teddie some of the new food I bought at the cat show for her, and of course she scoffed it. I gave her the amount she was supposed to get rather than mixing it with her normal fish as it was basically the same stuff but in a tin. Her tummy doesn't sound gurgly like it usually does after giving a new food and she is in a very affectionate mood, lol! She has even let my OH pick her up without screaming for rescue:lol: . She is rubbing up against me and purring like mad, most un-Teddie like! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrows visit to the litter tray because with her reaction to this stuff I would love to feed her it permanently. It's called almo nature.

dinahsmum
03-02-2007, 09:49 PM
It would be fantastic if this is the food - fingers crossed (have written something else on the 'Arrowroot' thread)

dandysmom
03-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh Lord, fingers and paws all crossed here; it'd be wonderful if she can tolerate this new food!! Maybe you were meant to go to the show and get it.......

Kazz
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds promising to start with is it available locally to you?

Hope it works.....before I joined this site I never believed I would get concerned over someone else's litter tray contents. :)

alexgirl73
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Hope it works.....before I joined this site I never believed I would get concerned over someone else's litter tray contents. :)

LOL Kazz, I know what you mean about litter trays.

I can buy it from Dolittles (I think that's what it's called) on the Wolverhampton/Bridgnorth road. I don't know if you know it or not, it's the lovely blue and yellow pet shop beside all the garden centres.

dandysmom
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Well put, Kazz; neither did I, and now I wait for reports on Teddie, the Diva, etc !

yola
03-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Alex, I hope tomorrow's litter tray is positive :D

Mags
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM
What's the litter tray result this morning Alex??:?

I do hope it's worked for Teddie http://bestsmileys.com/fingers/1.gif

Sweet
04-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here x

Elaine
04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Excellent news Alex, I hope Teddies tummy is ok with it.
I have fed my cats Almo Nature in the past and they certainly had no complaints about it. If she is ok with it, you can order it from Zooplus. Bernie especially liked the chicken and pumpkin.
Good luck Alex and Teddie xxx

dinahsmum
04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Excellent news Alex, I hope Teddies tummy is ok with it.
I have fed my cats Almo Nature in the past and they certainly had no complaints about it. If she is ok with it, you can order it from Zooplus. Bernie especially liked the chicken and pumpkin.
Good luck Alex and Teddie xxx
Oh - pumpkin! Remember this was supposed to be good for runny tummies?

charliebubs
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
How's Teddie, Alex?

I've tried Almo Nature on my lot. They seemed to quite like it. I must admit that I got a bit put off because it says "made in Thailand" on it and I wondered if they would have the same strict guidelines that we do!?! probably just me :)

Elaine
04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
How's Teddie, Alex?

I've tried Almo Nature on my lot. They seemed to quite like it. I must admit that I got a bit put off because it says "made in Thailand" on it and I wondered if they would have the same strict guidelines that we do!?! probably just me :)

Oh yes Charlie, I forgot about that. I remember there was a huge big discussion about it on Cat Chat a while back. I'll see if I can find the link for it.

charliebubs
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh yes Charlie, I forgot about that. I remember there was a huge big discussion about it on Cat Chat a while back. I'll see if I can find the link for it.

That's right Elaine. I have also tried Applaws - which is very similar and I think it's made here. Perhaps that's better? :?

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Todays news is............there's no news, lol! She hasn't been to the litter tray except for a wee, which in its self is a great sign, as it isn't running through her. Will let you know when she finally does go.

I looked at the applaws yesterday too Charlieand it looked good except it had a higher percentage of rice mixed in with the fish and I didn't want to risk it, and at this stage in the Teddie food saga I don't care if it's made with dolphin as long as it doesn't upset her tummy (only joking about the dolphin bit, lol). The guy at the show did recommend the chicken and pumpkin and if her tummy is okay with the fish one then when I go to buy some more then I'll get some of that to try too.

charliebubs
04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, sorry Alex. I wasn't trying to put an dampner on it. Anything that helps Teddie and her tummy is only a good thing - whether its made in Thailand or on the Moon!!!! lol

:):):)

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes, sorry Alex. I wasn't trying to put an dampner on it. Anything that helps Teddie and her tummy is only a good thing - whether its made in Thailand or on the Moon!!!! lol

:):):)

Sorry Charlie, I meant what I said jokingly:D . I prefer not to give the cats things I'm not sure about either, but in this case I'm willing to let her eat anything that will help:D

charliebubs
04-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Sorry Charlie, I meant what I said jokingly:D . I prefer not to give the cats things I'm not sure about either, but in this case I'm willing to let her eat anything that will help:D

I know!! :)

It's hard to get things across in the right tone when you're typing!! :-D :-D :-D

I hope Teddie continues to improve. Keep us posted on the litter tray activity!!! lol

Fran
04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I really hope that the new food works for Teddie Alex x

Elaine
04-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I really hope that the new food works for Teddie Alex x

Me too:D............

Kazz
04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Well it seems like it is at least not going straight through her - so therefore promising?
Fingers crossed here.

dinahsmum
04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Life's never easy is it? I remeber when that huuuuuge new container boat came in to Felixtowe/Lowestoft and it said that cat/dog food was amongst the cargo (from the Far East). I said to my OH - hmmm, animal food from the orient, I think not. However - if it sorts Teddie .........
Fingers crossed (and if she does get her belly sorted she can go back to regular cat food)

dandysmom
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, the mere fact that she hasn't pooped yet is a good sign!! Fingers still crossed!

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Still nothing yet!! And I've just given her another meal of it!

Kazz
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM

Now don't get carried away.:roll:

Mags
04-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I hope she doesn't get constipated now instead! :shock:

Sweet
04-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Good news it hasnt gone straight through her x

dandysmom
04-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Teddie has a lot of eating to do to make up for all the nutrition that just passed straight thru! How much does she weigh now, Alex?

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
tbh I'm not sure Eileen! She wont sit still on my little digital kitchen scales for me to find out lol!

dandysmom
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I had a baby scale that I used to weigh all mine on, but it's a bit wiggly for a cat's footing, and Leia won't let me put her on it any more! She got weighed on that disastrous trip to the vet, so know she's still 14 pounds!

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Wonders will never cease! I managed to weigh her there, I got my scales out and put a bowl on it and picked up Teddie, who was asleep, and managed to weigh her before she woke up enough to jump out, lol, and she now weighs, drum roll please.............3.7 pounds. Woo Hoo!! That is a major difference in her. At the vets last time she was just over 2 pounds.

dandysmom
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
What good news!!! So that isn't fur making her look bigger...you must be chuffed!

Fran
04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow! That's a good increase Alex!

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm very chuffed with that Eileen. I could feel a difference in her when I picked her up, but didn't realise it was that much.

Mags
04-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Good news Alex...... bless her little furry socks!:D