PDA

View Full Version : cats and fish tanks

jenny
02-02-2007, 10:19 PM
we pick up harvey our bengal kitten in just over a week.

i have 3 fish tanks, a small 5 gallon, a slightly bigger 30 gallon that is on a big side that he would have direct height to, and a 143 gallon 5ft tank that i recently set up.

Is there anything i need to do to the tanks to ensure safety? they all have hoods on them, but i would worry about weight if he decided to jump on top of one.

what are your thoughts?

alexgirl73
02-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Well we have a 3ft tank Jenny, and Broxi loves to sit and watch the fish in it. He does occasionally jump onto the hood but has never caused any damage to it. Just keep an eye on him and if you tssssss at him as a kitten whenever he jumps on it, then he should get the message that it's a no-no! Good luck!

dandysmom
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Haven't had an aquarium in years, but when I did my Siamese never bothered it; didn't jump on the hood nor even pay much attention to the fish.......

Kazz
02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Nope mine could never be bothered occasionaly Oscar would sit and watch it but no more than he would sit on the arm of the cahir and stare into space. Occasionaly a movement would catch his attention but only for a second.

They never bothered. Karen