PDA

View Full Version : Tellington Touch

smudgley
02-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I've been on a Tellington Touch course today... very interesting & some excellent techniques. :cool:

http://www.ttouchtteam.co.uk/

Sweet
02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Ive book marked it, going to go and read it, not sure why it didnt show up in my new posts :s x

alexgirl73
02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Sounds very interesting Smudgley! Sounds quite expensive though.

Fran
02-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I have a book - The Tellington-Jones Equine Awareness method By Linda Tellington-Jones and Ursula Burns

I'm assuming the course was about the same techniques of approach's to problem free training of animals?

smudgley
02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I have a book - The Tellington-Jones Equine Awareness method By Linda Tellington-Jones and Ursula Burns

I'm assuming the course was about the same techniques of approach's to problem free training of animals?

Yes it is from the Linda Tellington Jones techniques, which was origionally done with horses. It was about how to relax your dogs (& cats) & how to feel/find tension & how to help with that. It's all very simple technices of "kind of massaging" but very gently in different parts of the body. It was very good.

Elaine
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds very interesting Smudgley. I am sure i have a book on it some where but havent got round to reading it yet.
Have bookmarked it any way. Thanx for that and do tell us more about it please.

smudgley
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Well it was a one day workshop & we took a few dogs. We did some body work & some ground work. Some theory & some hands on. We learnt about making dogs aware of their bodies & how to feel for tension & tenderness. We talked about how to use techniques to calm a dog that is excitable & how to get a very relaxed dog excited. We discussed how TT can help bitches in pregnancy & labour & how it can help newborn pups learn awareness of their little bodies. :)

Mags
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Sounds really interesting, I have bookmarked it too, for a good read later......

Kim
03-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Sounds very good Smudgley. I have always be interested in TTouch. I would love to learn the technique on how to calm down an excitable dog.......