PDA

View Full Version : Up date on Babies....

Moli
31-01-2007, 06:33 PM
The baby parrots are now almost 3 weeks old and look like little fish now, but, mum has decided to lay more eggs, so was chasing them, i have had to put mum & dad in another tank, to give these babys a chance to grow, if I had left her with them, she would have eaten them all......:(

Fran
31-01-2007, 06:36 PM
What bizarre behaviour....nurturing them until they get to a good size only to eat them :? Very strange indeed!

Any piccies Moli?

Mags
31-01-2007, 06:37 PM
More eggs????? :shock: :shock: :shock: You are going to be overswum with fish Moli!!!!:D

Are the little ones easier to see now?

Moli
31-01-2007, 06:39 PM
What bizarre behaviour....nurturing them until they get to a good size only to eat them :? Very strange indeed!

Any piccies Moli?
They will look after them PK, until they spawn again, then see them a a threat to the new babies, so do not wait till they are a certain size to eat them....
My Camera batteries have just died, will get some pictures when they are recharged...

Fran
31-01-2007, 06:42 PM
They will look after them PK, until they spawn again, then see them a a threat to the new babies, so do not wait till they are a certain size to eat them....
My Camera batteries have just died, will get some pictures when they are recharged...

So without human intervention i.e. you seperating them there would never be any survive as presumably mum will keep spawning periodically?

Moli
31-01-2007, 06:42 PM
More eggs????? :shock: :shock: :shock: You are going to be overswum with fish Moli!!!!:D

Are the little ones easier to see now?
Not sure if these eggs will hatch, as I disturbed the pot, but she will no doubt lay some more.....They are much easier to se now, have little bodies....and tails....:D Luckily I have an outlet for them, otherwise i do not know what I would do with them all....:roll:

whiskey
31-01-2007, 07:43 PM
what a wicked mummy and daddy :-D at least they will have a chance now:-D

yola
31-01-2007, 09:58 PM
:shock: Luckily I have an outlet for them, otherwise i do not know what I would do with them all....:roll:

Cat food???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (LOL ;) )

Moli
31-01-2007, 10:01 PM
[quote=yola;337659]:shock:

Cat food???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (LOL ;) )[/quotNot cat food Yola....Aquarist society....

Moli
31-01-2007, 10:03 PM
So without human intervention i.e. you seperating them there would never be any survive as presumably mum will keep spawning periodically?A few would survive by hiding until they have grown, but not the amount I have.. Its nature I am afraid, i doubt if I will be able to keep all the ones she spawns...:?

Elaine
31-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Awww bless those forever spawning Parrot fish xxx

Sweet
01-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Shes been a busy Bee then ! ;) OK fish! x

dinahsmum
01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
What wil you do Moli - leave the adults together and let nature take its course? Separate the adults? Aquire a fishy conraceptive/a piscine prophylactic/a parrot pill?

Moli
01-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Wish there was such a thing as a parrot pill DM!:lol: :lol: Just going to let nature take its course from now on, the babies I have will supply the Aquarist Society for quite a while....