PDA

View Full Version : Alfie

Rosie
31-01-2007, 11:09 AM
You may remember I got Alfie last July (born grey turned black). He lives with Rosie (cat 10) and Holly (lurcher nearly 11). Just thought I would update you.

Alfie is the most affectionate pleasurable cat I have ever owned. He just loves stretching out on his back to be stroked and lets you carry him around like a baby. Rosie who was a miserable old thing has found a new lease of life. Although she doesn't actually cuddle up with him to sleep they chase each other around (unbelievable) and she is not averse to him kissing her from time to time:D Holly tollerates all his anticks and the neighbours adore him.

I was so unsure when I got him that I had made the right decision but knew that if he fitted in he would have a very comfy home. He seemed to instinctively know what was expected of him from day one. He only used his litter tray for about 4 weeks (he has outside access - safe). He loves the outside as we back onto fields and he has made friends - poor little friend of his came calling round and Holly saw him/her off. He has become quite a hansome young man (beautiful black shinny coat although a bit plumb since being neutered) from the little scrap that first came to live with us.

Not much room on the bed anymore as I now have Holly on my right and Rosie and Alfie on my left. Sometimes it is just fate that you get another addition to the family and this time fate smiled on us.

Kazz
31-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Alfie sounds like the final piece of your animal jigsaw and a piece that has fitted perfectly. Pleased all is going so well for you.

Karen

Fran
31-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm so pleased for you! Alfie sounds adorable :cool:

Mags
31-01-2007, 12:41 PM
It's always nice to hear how a newcomer has fitted into a furfamily and Alfie appears to have passed the test with flying colours :D

I'm so pleased they all get on so well, Rosie:D

smudgley
31-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Alfie sounds lovely. Bless his little friend, coming to call for him..
We didn't know if we should have another cat or not when we got our last one Bluebell, but like Alfie she fitted in really well & I'm glad we got her now (even though my husband loves her more than he loves me!):roll:

alexgirl73
31-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Alfie sounds wonderful. So pleased he fitted in so well. x

charliebubs
31-01-2007, 03:14 PM
What a lovely happy ending. I'm so pleased for Alfie and your little family!! :)

dinahsmum
31-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Sounds like the purrfect family!

Sweet
31-01-2007, 05:57 PM
A lovely story about Alfie, so glad hes settled well x

Donna
31-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Glad all has gone well - we must be due some photos??