PDA

View Full Version : Five Days - tv

Kazz
30-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Is anyone else watching this its very good I think maybe because it is almost in a documenary style. But also very upsetting I wonder about the woman who found the little lad and the dog though she is weird maybe 10 minutes of fame?
Karen

CathyW
30-01-2007, 12:34 PM
good prog its on again tonight, at last some good tv progs :) better that BB and other top quaility yuk we put up with, sorry not a fan of reality shows.

dinahsmum
30-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Really, really enjoying it.
Yes, that woman (Sarah?) is odd, isn't she. Her character is pointless if she doesn't have some sort of role in the disappearance,
OH somehow doesn't like the missing woman's father but don't think he would call him a suspect.
Have you seen the trail for tonight's, where the dogs' home man is seen confessing to killing her? Odd, particularly considering his reaction to finding the other body.

Me, I'm just watching, wondering how it's going to end.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_115.gif

I watched Waking the Dead for the first time (ever) this week. Thought it was extremely ponderous - made an 80 minute programme into two one-hour programmes (and showed you 100 ways to hold a Q-tip). Won't be watching it again. Thought the acting of 'James' was absolutely excellent though.

Kazz
30-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Not seen the trail.
Have to say this is good, not sure who has done what it seems to unearth clues as it progress's. The woman "Sarah" is totaly weird but I wonder if it is just 10 minutes of fame - red herring. But the way this programme is going she knows something/someone who is involved.

What I don't get is why the husband smashed the phone up?
And why the CCTV id not spot the juggernaught it was according to them in the right place and big enough to be seen?

Its almost as if she came apon a people smuggling ring isn't it the juggernaught the Bosnian florist etc?

Not sure whats happening but very interesting - Good actors too. The police press conference was almost heartbreaking - the Mom's reaction was heartbreaking.

Not sure about waking the dead either, too long needs to be shortened to be snappier. The characters are weird too they for me do not gell. Not a fan.

Have you seen the new thing out this week the one where they have "celebs" are jurors starting this week I think.

Karen

dinahsmum
30-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I wondered about the phone too but I think it was just to hide his 'dalliances' (however serious they were) with other females - eg the one from the gym who came to his house with the shift rota,
I also wondered about the juggernaut but my OH said that someone (one of the cops) mentioned that the driver had been traced and ruled out.
And one more thing - this is my own original thought - is that there are so many surveillance cameras the police should have looked at the camera before the lay-by one and the one after it and found and eliminated (or otherwise) all the vehicleds that passd. She could only have left/been taken from the lay-by in a vehicle.
But maybe I'm thinking too much!
All will be revealed tonight and Tuesday. Just hope it doesn't do a Life on Mars, on me.

And on another TV topic, Lewis is coming back for three programme run shortly. That will be good even though it's still not Morse

Kazz
30-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I liked/like Morse, and like Lewis but can't get int it as much without Morse.

Kazz
31-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Well are you even more confused now I am.

Sarah is not really Sarah - changed her naem seems from her limited info she was the daughter of a murdur victim or killer. More to that than meets the eye me thinks.
Now I am a bit worried by the police woman whois family liasons woman - not sure why something to hide maybe.
And the dog bloke is a proper loony.

All will be revealed Wed night I hope. I hope it does not go flat though.

dinahsmum
31-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh dear.
Confused.
Last episode (Thurs I think) depicts Day 79, the case has gone cold when a chance find .......
We shall see.
I don't like Leanne's first husband but don't think he's implicated .... but maybe he is. She was pestering him for money .... ?

Kazz
31-01-2007, 11:16 PM
No idea not keen on him either "zombies" hmmmm, anyhow I imagine the link between them all or some of them will surprise us all and be nothing we have previously heard of.

Although the husband was brought up in a childrens home he said to Sarah didn't he.....wonder if he is linked in someway with Sarah ie her parents/parent killed his?????? just something I thought of as she seems to want to be part of his family....an ideal way dispose of the wife?

I will wait. Karen

dinahsmum
01-02-2007, 09:51 AM
That's the only thing I can think of with Sarah too Kazz. Somehow their pasts are connected - but how? And why does the connection mean she wants to hurt him/claim him/do in his wife. And practically - how could she have done it ... there were no other vehicles in the lay by when leanne disappeared. And the red carpet fibre under the fingernails - what's that about? Is the caravan more significant than we knew? Were Leanne and Rosie held there for a while ... Rosie hasn't spoken.
Ah well - put out of our misery tonight!

Mags
01-02-2007, 12:30 PM
da - da - dada! Sounds like I've missed a good, intriguing mystery there:)

Kazz
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Good point DM - and Rosie does not like her either, does not want her near them - possibly. There is a link but what I have no idea. I suspect our idea's are way off the mark as this is going all different ways.
We will see tonight, the more I see the whole family the more I get the feeling they are hiding something - but what?

Kazz
01-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Its the friend the ex soldier.................

Kazz
01-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Quesion is what will Matt do?

dinahsmum
02-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Well - it was OK. Quite good actually but the actual murder was a little 'tame'. No real intrigue, just somebody lashing out stupidly.
However, the characters and personal relationships were well drawn. It was nice to see Edward Woodward again - he can't be any spring chicken now.

dinahsmum
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
New series on the way, apparently, and this time they will try to screen it over 5 consecutive* days
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2030571,00.html

* is that the right spelling? Doesn't look right, but maybe it is