PDA

View Full Version : 'toilet' training a cat? anyone done it?

jenny
28-01-2007, 06:42 PM
i keep reading in places about training a cat to use the toilet instead of a litter tray.
has anyone had any success with this or know anyone who has?
id just be interested to know as it says its a good way to avoid the dog eating the cat litter!

Mags
28-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Jenny, Dinahsmum was toilet training her two kittens last year.
Here are links to her interesting threads about it......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=11712&highlight=Toilet+training

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=15234&highlight=Toilet+training

dinahsmum
28-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Jenny
It's simple. You can get 'LitterKwitter' in the UK now, so no expensive postage from the US. I think P@H might stock them I know PetPlanet sell online.
Good luck - let us know how you get on.
Mine went back wards a bit when I had to reintroduce a litter tray for Min but they're fine now - outside or a loo!

jenny
28-01-2007, 07:41 PM
thanks for the link :D

thanks dm! will deffo buy that maybe next week in time for the new kitten :D

dinahsmum
28-01-2007, 07:44 PM
It's so simple - I suppose it's inertia and the fact that litter is sort of conventional that people don't automatically go for this but ....... no trays, no litter, precious little cleaning, no dog finding tasty treats :roll: - why wouldn't you use this method?

alexgirl73
28-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I'd love to give this a go, but I just can't see Teddie trying to perch on the toilet, she's got absolutely no balancing technique whatsoever. Her head wobbles all the time,she's like a feline version of Churchill the nodding dog!

charliebubs
28-01-2007, 08:15 PM
That's amazing!!! If it really works I'm definitely up for giving it a go!!! :)

charliebubs
28-01-2007, 08:36 PM
They are on eBay too for £30 plus P&P.

I'm sooooooooooooo tempted to try it out!! My only worry is that Indah fell into the toilet once as a kitten and might not like it - but still, if I could get 3 or 4 out of the 5 to use it that would be such a result!!!

CathyW
28-01-2007, 09:53 PM
my 2 are not known for their nimble footwork so id end up with 2 very wet n unhappy cats LOL