PDA

View Full Version : Moaning Minnie here

Elaine
27-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Dont suppose any one noticed:roll: or cared:roll: , but I havent been on much this week.
I have had terrible pain in my elbow. Once again its been going on for quite some time and i STILL havent been to see a doctor or anything about it, partly coz I keep getting called into work on my days off and when I am off, I have so much housework etc to catch up on.
Anyway, this week my arm has been absolutely killing me to the point that its affecting my sleep aswell.
Not sure if its like an RSI thing or if its just that I am too damned old to be doing all the heavy lifting and stuff that I do at work.
Thats my wee moan, thought I'd take the chance while my arm wasnt hurting quite as much;) .

Fran
27-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I'd noticed that you hadn't been around Elaine. I think it is time you put you and your arm first and go to the docs at the expense of everything else. You need to get this sorted out. I hope the pain eases soon for you x

Elaine
27-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Aww shucks, you noticed my absense, did you miss me though? And if so, how much? LOL
I know and I will get round to getting my fat ass to the docs soon coz its really painfull now.

Fran
27-01-2007, 09:22 PM
did you miss me though? And if so, how much? LOL

Of course we missed you Elaine, there's been a severe lack of jokes this week :-D Seriously, you need to get your arm looked at x

Jac
27-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Actually I noticed you were missing too. Just thought you were away finding more jokes.
No just kidding. Go and get it looked at. Any part of your body that hurts that much should be looked at. Even if its a toe. Now listen to Auntie Jac and Fran ok.

Edited to say she's a nurse and I'm the one that will thump you if you dont!

Elaine
27-01-2007, 09:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok fair enough, will get it seen to asap, certainly dont wanna get thumped:lol:

Jac
27-01-2007, 09:54 PM
It's only because we care. (honest)

yola
27-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Elaine - I've missed you; and before you ask . . . lots ;)

OH has that at the moment he can hardly touch his elbow or put any strain on it as it hurts so much. Silly so-and-so won't go to the doc (blokes eh :roll: ).

But my Mum had similar a while back and was given steriod injections as doc said it was 'tennis elbow'.

Any news on the jobs????? :D

alexgirl73
27-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes Elaine I missed you lots too, lol. I actually mentioned the fact in your litter training the Dive thread so there!!! (imagine me sticking my tongue out now). Get thee to a doctor woman!!! Or else, I still know folk in Aberdeen you know, and I'll send some of them round to sort you out!

dandysmom
27-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Of course I missed you, silly woman! There's a gap when you and your jokes aren't there, and the long-running saga of the Diva! Please go get it looked after before it gets any worse!! (((hugs))........

dinahsmum
28-01-2007, 09:41 AM
If it's 'tennis elbow' you must just use a tennis elbow band from the pharmacy. It's amazing! I was so sore afyer asembling flat pack furniture, found out about these wonderful things, wore one - bingo! So simple and all without the aid of drugs.
In the short term you could use the Volterol/Volugan (not sure of the precise name) cream. I think it has a steroid in it, which works very quickly.

Elaine
28-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanx peeps.
Yola, no news yet about any of the jobs. By the sounds of it almost half of Aberdeen has applied for the same ones, here's hoping I atleast get chosen for an interview though.
As well as the doctors, I think I may treat myself to a massage at some point too.

Sweet
28-01-2007, 08:30 PM
((((((hugs)))))) x

Mags
28-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Healing vibes being sent to you Elaine ........... and yes, you were missed ;)

Liz
28-01-2007, 11:39 PM
I will ensure that you all have a full update and advise that she will be attending the doctor as I suffer from RSI in both hands and its not to be taken lightly =- also you set the metal detectors off at the airport with the flattering splints we wear - they go with nothing and make driving a challange some mornings!

alexgirl73
29-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Good for you Liz. Lay down the law with her, lol!!!