PDA

View Full Version : He's gone!!!!!!!

charliebubs
27-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :smt038

I'm pleased to say that the trap the CPL set up in my garden last night worked and this morning I came down to find the tabby intruder safely trapped.

I rang the CPL volunteer who had set up the trap and he offered to come and get me and the cat and drive us to Wood Green.

I wanted to check him for a microchip first, so I called my vets and explained the position. They agreed to scan him. So I took him up there first, they scanned him and no chip.

Then the CPL man came to get us and we drove to Wood Green together. They accepted him happily and I got to name him. I called him William, as he looks like a cat I had as a child who was called William.

We gave him a quick health check and as well as being skinny found that he had some serious fight wounds and a couple of puncture wounds on his neck. Clearly a bruiser!!

They are going to do the usual blood tests they do on strays and will let me know if anything comes up. I'm a bit worried about FIV as he was fighting a bit with my cats at first, not major fights though, just little scraps. Fingers crossed he's all clear though.

I'm so pleased to have caught him and he was actually quite a sweet cat. He let us hold him and examine him and wasn't at all hissy.

I'm sure that he will find a new loving home soon and the girls at Wood Green are going to keep me posted on that too.

Good luck William!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt052

Now I can start thoroughly cleaning my house to get rid of his tom cat pee smell!!! :smt009

:)

Fran
27-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I am so glad you have finally got him Charlie and it sounds like he needed treatment for his wounds so well done! Do keep us posted on his progress as I think I have become quite fond of him :roll:

dinahsmum
27-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Hope William does find a home once he's had his op and regained his condition.
Fingers crossed for him
Good luck with the cleaning!

charliebubs
27-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I am so glad you have finally got him Charlie and it sounds like he needed treatment for his wounds so well done! Do keep us posted on his progress as I think I have become quite fond of him :roll:

so have I Fran!!! lol
And seeing what a sweetie he was being held made me fall for him even more!! If I had room here I would have considered keeping him, but I think he'll find a home no problem.

I took a couple of pics of him this morning in the trap, not the best setting but I wanted to snap him without him escaping!!! I'll post them.............

charliebubs
27-01-2007, 02:11 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1333.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1338.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1337.jpg

Fran
27-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Awwww bless him, what a lovely looking cat he is! I do hope he finds his forever home very soon...

dinahsmum
27-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes he is a nice boy!
And if he's sweet now, with all his hormones, he should become a lovely big softie after the event.

Mags
27-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Pleased to hear you have finally caught him Charlie :D

He looks a lovely boy and once his wounds have healed and he has had his op, hopefully someone will give him a good home.:cool:

Good luck William!

CathyW
27-01-2007, 04:25 PM
ahhh bless him. he looked resigned to the fact he had been caugfht, now he will have plenty of food/fuss/cuddles all that he deserves.

Sweet
27-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Hes a lovely boy, I hope he finds his forever home soon, Well Done for your work in this x

dandysmom
27-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Well done! Hope he finds a loving home soon; what a handsome boy!