PDA

View Full Version : Why are Cats so Difficult?

andrew021
26-01-2007, 10:14 AM
There are times I would lift Jet onto my knee, she struggles to get away and jumps off. Two minutes later, when she decides, she is back on my knee making herself comfortable for a sleep.

Why are cats so stubborn, why do they ignore you until its feeding time and then they are your 'best friend'. The only words Jet seems to understand or reacts to is 'Prawnies' and 'Who's Hungry'

dinahsmum
26-01-2007, 10:14 AM
That would be because they are cats ...............

yola
26-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Yes, cats do things when THEY want to rather than whey YOU want them too. Even if it happens to be the same thing, only at their pace :roll:

Fran
26-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I find this with my moggies but not with the Mezzers, they are in your face all day, you have to carry them round with you else they climb up you as you are passing by :shock: and the minute you sit down they charge to get on your lap. If they haven't seen you for a few minutes they come and seek you out to make sure you are still there and forget going to the loo in peace, I have all 3 of them sat on my lap whilst I'm on the loo :roll: So, back to your original question - I think it depends on the individual personality of the cat/breed.

andrew021
26-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Jet is a moggie, what is a mezzer?

Jet follows me around the house and waits for me when at loo or in shower or having a bath. As soon as my alarm goes off in the morning she jumps all over me, kneading me and purring deeply to get me up to let her out to pee. There have been times I let her out and go back to bed for an hour or so and when I let her in she gives me a telling off then rubs herself against my leg when I am feeding her.

Do understand cats are very independent but can they be spoilt !!

Fran
26-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Jet is a moggie, what is a mezzer?

Sorry Meezer is Siamese. I have one Siamese and 2 Orientals (which are solid coloured Siamese). I find that moggies tend to be more aloof and every thing tends to be on their terms, where as with the Siamese and Orientals they tend to be much more like dogs pestering continually for your attention.

Mags
26-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Cats certainly have minds of their own ....... if they don't want to do something they won't and you have a hard job persuading them to do otherwise:roll:

dandysmom
26-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Agree with Fran there, some of it is breed specific generally. My moggies have always been more independent and do things when and as they wish! My Siamese, Aby and Pura were much more people-oriented; following me around, etc! Love them all!

alexgirl73
26-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Ah, the joys of cats!!

dandysmom
26-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Sort of like men: can't live with them, can't live without them...:-D

Sweet
27-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I meant to ask the other day, what a Meezer was :oops: now you said its Siamese - all's clear :lol:

Mine follow me everywhere esp. Mabel and Vincent if they are inside x

CathyW
27-01-2007, 06:35 PM
the saying dogs have owners and cats have servants springs to mind, also the saying u call a dog and he will come to u, call a cat n he will get back to u :lol:

Amie
15-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Oliver has never ever jump up on my Lap in 6 years,he will sit besides me tho (I suppose I should be Honored:lol: )