PDA

View Full Version : He's back...........

charliebubs
25-01-2007, 03:10 PM
the bloomin' tabby stray is back again and has pretty much moved in with me and my gang. The only trouble is that he has started spraying again - even on my new pink throw!!

I went to the vets and bought some Feliway in the hope that it might calm him down and stop the urge to spray - but it hasn't.

He's also really wary of me again (since I tried to catch him last time) and won't let me anywhere near him.

I really, really need to catch him and take him to be neutered and it's soooooooo frustrating that I can't. :(

I only want to help him but he won't let me.

Plus my house is starting to STINK :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you think I should ask the CP to borrow a trap and try to catch him that way? The only place I could put it though is up on the flat roof extension, otherwise my cats would probably go in it!! lol

Fran
25-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Is he still going to Wood Green when you catch him? perhaps they might have a trap you could borrow?

I think the Feliway takes a while to take effect but with him being entire and with you having an entire queen, I think it quite unlikely that he will stop spraying until he is neutered :?

charliebubs
25-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Is he still going to Wood Green when you catch him? perhaps they might have a trap you could borrow?

I think the Feliway takes a while to take effect but with him being entire and with you having an entire queen, I think it quite unlikely that he will stop spraying until he is neutered :?

Yes, he's still going there when I get him and as long as they still have room!

I desperately need to get him before Lily calls again too.

It's just a nightmare. Gggrrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

Jac
25-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh Charlie that pink throw of yours is fated.

I would ask to borrow a trap ASAP. I agree with Fran, while you have an entire queen he isnt going to stop.

Wishing you luck.

dandysmom
25-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Hope you're able to trap him soon! How soon will Lily start calling again? (Never had an unspayed female, sorry if it's a dumb question!)

Mags
25-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Hope you trap him soon Charlie ..........:?

alexgirl73
25-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Really hoping you manage to get him soon Charlie, fingers crossed for you!

charliebubs
26-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I've left a message for the CP lady to call me back about borrowing a trap! Fingers crossed! :)

charliebubs
26-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I spoke to the CP lady this afternoon and she gave my number to one of their volunteers. He has called me and is coming round after work tonight to help me set up the trap. He has even volunteered to drive the cat to Wood Green for me tomorrow if it is caught!! What a nice man!!

I did have a slight disagreement with him about FIV cats tho, as he said that if this stray was FIV they would pts. I said that I would rather he went to Wood Green as they don't pts cats just because they have FIV. Several have been very successfully rehomed in fact. I want to know that this tabby cat is going to be given a good chance to find a new loving home. :)

Mags
26-01-2007, 04:41 PM
That's good news Charlie, I hope he's able to catch him now...... The sooner the better and your girl will be safe ;)

Fran
26-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm so pleased you finally have someone to help you Charlie. Have you checked with Wood Green that they still have room for him?

charliebubs
26-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm so pleased you finally have someone to help you Charlie. Have you checked with Wood Green that they still have room for him?

Yes, Wood Green will still have him. I just have to call again once I've actually caught him to let them know that we're on the way in.

The trap is all set in the garden and my lot are all locked in for the night, much to their dismay, so fingers crossed now............. :cat24

dandysmom
26-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Crossed here too; good luck!!

Mags
26-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Hope he's waiting for you in the morning Charlie............

alexgirl73
26-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Fingers and toes and paws crossed here Charlie xx