PDA

View Full Version : Jet Pees in the Bath !!

andrew021
25-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Jet has started peeing in the bath during the day when im at work.

She tends to sleep on the bed during the day and am wondering if she is too lazy to go downstairs and use her litter tray.

She normally goes outside in the mornings and very rarely uses the tray unless its an emergency.

I suppose I should be thankfull she is not doing it on the carpet !!

Fran
25-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Could you try putting a litter tray upstairs for her and seeing if that helps matters?

Perhaps you could put the litter tray in the bath?

Mags
25-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I have heard that the smell from the plug hole attracts them ......... maybe try putting the plug in the plughole while she is alone in the house :?

charliebubs
25-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I have heard that too Mags. When I first had Bernard he used to poo in the bath, so now I have to keep the bathroom door closed at all times, just in case!!! :)

I think it's something to do with the smell from the plughole and ammonia, so they think it's okay to toilet there.

Could you try keeping the bathroom door shut?

Moli
25-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Leo pee's in the shower, and the only way I can stop him is to keep the door shut!

andrew021
25-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I dont like to restrict Jet to certain rooms in the house and always keep the inside doors open for her to roam around the house.

I did put bleach down the bath plughole the other day, maybe it was then smell that attracted her.

Phil
25-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi

Any ammonia based cleaning products 'can' attract a cat to pee in that place.

Phil

Jac
25-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I wouldnt really think closeing one door would restrict her that much. Better that than accidents.

dinahsmum
25-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I've had a cat (Mini) pee in a plughole too - I think it's relatively common.
Good luck in stopping it. Maybe something as simple as orange peel will deter Jet. Cats so hate the citrus smell.

freckles
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi

I have found your thread interesting as one of my cats pees in the sink. I have never heard of this before, but it is obviously quite common. I too thought that she was just to lazy to go outside, obviously not.

Freckles

andrew021
07-03-2007, 05:41 PM
She is still at it.

It mainly seems to be at weekends when I want a lie in and she is her usual self waking me at 7.30 but I dont bother getting up until 9.00. Thats when I find she has went in the bath.

Her litter tray is downstairs but she refuses to use it now and prefers to go outside, if she cant get out when she wants then its the bath, wee minx.