PDA

View Full Version : I've just seen one of the biggest cats ever

Luke
24-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Well i say just, it was about 20 minutes ago, coming back from walking Ralph over the fields..we crossed under the 'way' where the big main road trundles overhead..and walked these fields etc..and then took to the fotpath when a huge grey longhaired cat walked, didnt run-almost swaggered, out infront of us..and stopped and stared-and no word of a lie, it was absoloutley huge..and bear in mind i was walking a large springer at the time too! I presume it was a feral as looked a bit 'wild' [theres a few roaming throughout the 'Sowe Valley', often originating from the farm on t'other side of the river apparently]. He was huge, and a real dark grey with deep deep green eyes-quite lovely, but huuuuge!
Anybody else seen any monsterous mogs where you've wisheed you've had that camera!!?!?!

alexgirl73
24-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Seem some biggies, but recently here in Telford there have been quite a few sightings of a 'large panther like' cat on the loose. Usually I take these with a pinch of salt but 2 of the people who saw it were park rangers for Telford town park and they said it just bounded out in front of their van and cleared a high wall beside them!!!!

Het
24-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Crikey Luke!!! what was Ralphs reaction???
Perhaps it was a pedigree??? I know breeds like Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat can get rather large

dandysmom
24-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't imagine you have any Scottish wildcats around Coventry, so probably not a crossbreed...he really must have been a monster! I'm curious how Ralph reacted also.......

Luke
24-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I think it was just a VERY big moggy, doubt it was a pedigree (although i wonder why you say this Het?:lol:), i didn't notice it at first..it followed us from within the trees, up the footpath. Ralph started growling at something a while before i saw the monsterous moggy.
Really was large..larger than any cat i've ever seen. I remember someone saying once that there were a few ferals over the way by the farm that had been seen carrying lambs off at one point:shock: (many years ago) and i allways thought it was myth...seeing this cat it could easily be true.

dandysmom
24-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, I hope the monstrous moggy stays well away from your house; wouldn't want Clemmie or Bella to meet him....!!

Luke
24-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, I hope the monstrous moggy stays well away from your house; wouldn't want Clemmie or Bella to meet him....!!
Clementine roams those fields, the sowe valley, as its a stone throw away so i guess she's probably met some of the monstrous moggies already!

dandysmom
24-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Clementine roams those fields, the sowe valley, as its a stone throw away so i guess she's probably met some of the monstrous moggies already!
Eeeeeek !!!

Fran
24-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I live with a monsterous moggie by the name of Sylvester, he's huge :shock:

Luke
24-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I live with a monsterous moggie by the name of Sylvester, he's huge :shock:
Fran can you take a picture of him next to one of your labs so we can judge the size? In the photos he always does look a whopper

Fran
24-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Fran can you take a picture of him next to one of your labs so we can judge the size? In the photos he always does look a whopper

I could try Luke but he rarely will come in the house prefering to stop in the porch. He is so 'other cat' unfriendly :( It's very hard to get a piccie of just him let alone with any other pets in the frame. He see's the camera and legs it, I am sure that he thinks the camera is another cat :roll: Just the last couple of days he has taken to coming in and going into Tom's bedroom. I have to make sure the door is closed once he is in as he would have the meezers as a midday snack :shock: but I will see what I can do ;)