PDA

View Full Version : winter flu vomiting bug???

stompin_sarah
23-01-2007, 02:42 PM
my 6year old daughter has had it since last thurday night....at this moment in time she is fas sleep on sofa....the thing is i need to take my 4year old son to nursery at1245 then pick him up at 315....the thing is with my partner being at work what should i do....take my son nursery and drag my poor daughter out with me? or just keep my son off nursery too?? ive only lived at this house for few months so i dont really know anyone well enought to ask them to sit in with her while i take my son???? its just something thats doing my brains in......and im feeling really bad for dragging her out to nursery!

Mags
23-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your daughter is ill Sarah :( TBH I don't think I would take a sick child out on a cold day like today. If there is no-one able to babysit for you, I would keep your son home from nursery ....... it won't hurt if he misses it for a day or two.

I hope your daughter improves very soon, there is an awful lot of this virus going around ........take care:)

stompin_sarah
23-01-2007, 02:50 PM
how long does the virus last does anyone know???

Mags
23-01-2007, 02:52 PM
how long does the virus last does anyone know???
It depends Sarah, sometimes it can last up to two weeks for some people........

dinahsmum
23-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I think it's one of these that can come back again and again if you're not very careful. So, handwashing with a nice sinkful of hot soapy water, dry with a clean towel, after every sick/diarrhoea episode and lots of times a day in between, disinfectant on loo handles/door handles/other places you touch all the time, lots of changes of clothes and bedclothes etc etc.
Sorry - not great news
Hope it won't be long before you're back to normal
(Oh, I wouldn't go out or send a child out from the house either. Get rid of the bug first)

Sweet
23-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I hope shes better soon x