PDA

View Full Version : cyst??

charliebubs
22-01-2007, 04:32 PM
When I got Bernard from Wood Green he was a stray and was really matted and in terrible condition. He had two sessions with the clippers at Wood Green (and was so well behaved, bless him) before I brought him home. Then in about October last year I took him to my vets for a final session to get the last few matts off.

While my vet was removing the matts we noticed a lump on his back, right on the spine. You couldn't tell it was there before because of all the hair. The vet said it could just be a small cyst and to keep an eye on it.

The thing now is that I think it might have got bigger, but I'm not sure if it's my imagination.

I'm going to try and take him to the vets this week to get it double-checked.

Has anyone come across this before and got any tips?? Can you just leave it if it's a cyst??

He's probably got to have a dental too, so perhaps they could remove it at the same time. Do you think they would??

Charlie
x

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Kazz's Cleo had a large cyst removed (pretty much between her shoulder blades I think?) a couple of years ago. If she doesn't notice this and reply soon give her a PM. Someone else had a large cyst removed recently .... think it may have been Tilly? You'll find it if you do a search .....
Good luck with Bernard; I'm sure he'll be fine.

tilly
22-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Tilly is recovering from having a fatty lump removed. She had a fine needle assperate done to see what it was and when they looked at they saw a few suspicios cells. So it was removed.
I would sugeesst taking him to the vet and getting them to take a look at what sort of lump it is.
Don't worry too much as it can be dealt with what ever it is.
I don't have a photo of Tilly's lump but the link below is when Tilly had hers I think there is a photo of Cleo's lump on it.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=18301

Hope it goes well

Sally

Sweet
22-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I hope all goes well when you take him to the Vet x

Fran
22-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Good luck Charlie, I hope it's something and nothing x

charliebubs
23-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Thanks Tilly - I had a look at your link. Sounds similar to what Bernard has, except that his lump is hard.

Will keep you posted.

charliebubs
23-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Forgot to say that we're going to the vets at 5pm today.

dinahsmum
23-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Good luck both!

Mags
23-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Good luck Bernard and Charlie! x

Fran
23-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Fingers crossed Charlie x

alexgirl73
23-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Thinking of you both and keeping my fingers crossed x