PDA

View Full Version : Bones is having his teeth out today

Samz5
22-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Just got back from taking him down there, hes having his last 4 teeth out today - so I will be waiting to hear how hes doing for the rest of today.
The vet checked him over and said he has cateracts in both eyes, not really bad but hes going to have a good look when Bones is under anesthetic, we asked him about removing them and apparently it would cost.... £1600 per eye :shock:, so fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse!

yola
22-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh poor Bones. Hope he's OK after his op. That's scary about the cataracts - I guess they will deteriorate over time at which point you'll have to make a decision on whether to remove them or not.

Give him a gentle scritch . . . poor chap.

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 11:24 AM
All good wishes for Bones for his dental work.
Hopefully he'll be able to cope with the cataracts, as the reduction in sight will come on slowly and he should have time to get used and compensate with his other senses

Jac
22-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Wishing Bones good luck. You'll be worried sick, we've all been there! I'm quite sure everything will go smoothley. Thinking of you both.

Mags
22-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hope all goes well for Bones with his op today........ I suppose that will mean mashed up food for him now :?

Samz5
22-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Well I don't think he'll really notice there gone as far as eating goes, he only had 4 left, the 2 big ones at the front/ bottom and 2 really small ones at the back/ bottom, he doesn't eat dry food much and when he does he just swallows it whole, the only thing I've learnt is to chop up chicken very small, because if he can't chew it up he just tries to swallow it whole - I've had to stop him chocking twice by pulling the food back up, now I'm extra paraniod about it.

And yes I'm worried sick lol, Bones has had 3 other teeth removal operations in the last 6 years, you'd think I'd be more used to it by now!

Fran
22-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Good luck Bones. Do let us know how he is later...

Sweet
22-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I am only just catching this, I hope Bones is doing ok x

Samz5
22-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Just got the call from the vet, Bones is awake and doing fine, the vet I spoke to says hes perky, he always is after operations... we can pick him up at 5 :)

Sweet
22-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Good news :) bet you cannot wait now - give him a big huggle from me x

Fran
22-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Great news!! Hope all is well now that he is home x

Mags
22-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Lots of Catsey cuddles sent to Bones .........:D

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Good news - really pleased for you.
Hope he enjoys life as a gummi-bear!

Samz5
22-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Awww Thanks everyone, Bones is home, hes sitting right in front of me - making it difficult to type :).
He was starving by the time he got home, so gave him his special food and he gulpped it down, but it hurt his mouth and he started clawing at his face, getting claws stuck in his cheeks and ripping his face - thought we were gonna have to get him a lampshade but he stopped doing it after about 20 mins of physically stopping him doing it, I felt so bad for him.
The vet he saw is doing training in eyes at the moment so he very interested in Bones's cateracts, which is in both eyes and right in the centre of his vision, it may get worse, it may not, hes got to have a check up in 3 months - fingers tightly crossed!

While I was there I spoke too my usual vet about Tango as he was sick again yesturday after being on the antibiotics for quite a while, (he was due to come off them in 3 days) were going to try a different kind of antibiotic for a while and next time Tango gets sick were going for another blood test, this time its his Pancreas (sp?) were going to look into.

I'm getting a bit emotionally drained by all of this, I love my cats so much...... last summer all 5 were fine, since then we've had a tummy bug that 4 of them had, Tango's been very sick on and off since August, Courtney died of a tumur and now Bones might be going blind. :?

tilly
22-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your traumatic year hope the Bones get better soon

Sally