PDA

View Full Version : A rousing start to the day!

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, I thought it was going to be a good day. We'd woken up gently, no urgent need to get up etc etc. (The cats thought there was an urgent need to get up, as they were (as they noisily pointed out) starving! )
So, I decided that they could have a tin of sardines for breakfast, opened the tin, found 3 fish in it, so I was busy concentrating on getting out the 2 fattest ones for the boys, leaving the smaller fish to sit on top of Dinah's breakfast Burns. Then CRASH! :shock: :shock: :shock: - Bentley had jumped up to the surface, tipped the stainless steel dish over and down, depositing a crushed sardine in oil on my (clean on today) jumper and the dish continued down to the tiled floor, clanging and banging as it bounced. Add to that me shrieking at the cat, who was by now flattened to the flooor, tail like a bottle brush and eyes like saucers. 'You bad bad cat, you know you don't jump up, look what you have done, no breakfast for you yet, my lad.' So, shooed them out and shut the door, reassured Dinah, who was trying to make herself very, very small in the back corner of her bed, reassured my husband who had sprinted down two flights of stairs to see what was happening. Dinah got her breakfast whilst i went back upstairs to remove the fishy jumper (very carefully, so as not to smear fish and oil over my face or hair) and put on another, and sort a load of laundry to go in the machine with the disgusting garment.
The cats got their fish after that.
My head is still ringing, partly with the memory of that metal on stone noise and partly with my own (uncharacteristic) bellowing. Bentley is reconsidering his relationship with his human mum ('I thought she was a nice mum; she changed into scarey mum but I think she's coming round again')
Anyway, peace is restored; lets hope we don't have any other drama today :roll:
(cats! - who'd 'ave 'em? :? )

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 10:44 AM
9.45 Update
The washing cycle has finished and it appears that I have a fish-free jumper. Just as well - else I might have a grey fur waistcoat! :roll: ;) :-D

yola
22-01-2007, 11:17 AM
LOL!!!! Sounds like Bentley is in a whole lotta trouble :shock: and certainly added a bit of spice to a dull and dreary, January Monday morning :D

And I thought calmness, serenity and levelheadedness ruled in your household . . . ;) ;) ;)

Luke
22-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Gosh sounds like something that would happen here!:shock: The joys of pets eh? And there is nothing worse than a naughty, and at that a hungry naughty, young cat!

Mags
22-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Sorry DM but you had me in fits reading your post!! :lol::lol: I can just imagine the scene ...... but sardines down your jumper :shock: Phew!!!!!

Glad normality has been restored! :lol:

Jac
22-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Hehe sounds like fun! The picture I have in my head is soo funny! Want to borrow Kazz's stick?

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Hehe sounds like fun! The picture I have in my head is soo funny! Want to borrow Kazz's stick?
Might have had semi-ragdoll kebab if I'd had that stick handy earlier! :shock: ;)

charliebubs
22-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Hahahahahahaha - what a funny story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sue it wasn't at the time, but has had me giggling!!!!! :)

:lol:
:lol:

Fran
22-01-2007, 03:13 PM
:lol: Count yourself lucky DM, it's like that every day in our house ! :roll:

Sweet
22-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I had to smile too :) x

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 05:17 PM
:lol: Count yourself lucky DM, it's like that every day in our house ! :roll:
:-D Fran!
My jumper has dried with no oily stain or fishy niff - so all's well I guess. :)

Moli
22-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Must admoit had a good giggle rading your post DM....:lol: :lol:

Donna
22-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but had to laugh too - had visions of you wearing a sardine brooch on your jumper LOL!!!

Kim
22-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I had to smile too. Today is supposed to be the most miserable of the year according to a news report, so at least it gave us something to smile about! :-D

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Here's the little b****** tonight! You see he has taken to the cat bed I was going to discard too :smt102
Strange creatures, cats!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Dinahsmum/DSC02147.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Dinahsmum/DSC02146.jpg

yola
22-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Awwww. Looks like a little angel to me ;)

dinahsmum
22-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Butter wouldn't melt Yola :roll:

dandysmom
22-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Couldn't help but laugh picturing that scene,,,,,wasn't very funny at the time but sure gave us all a chuckle...and I notice in the pic he hass one eye warily open....:-D