PDA

View Full Version : A message from Solo

smudgley
21-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Dear Catsey folk,
Smudgley told me that someone was coming to see me at 11am, I was very excited & I had a special wash so I looked nice, I even did behind my ears.... A lady came at 11am & I got excited, but it was the lady to see the torti kitten.... I sat patiently & waited & waited & waited... Smudgley said it's 1pm now & the lady won't turn up now, that made me sad. :cry: But I will sit & wait until bedtime, in the hope she may still come. :(
Smudgley said people are always letting her down like this.
I will keep waiting......
Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Solo. (The pot bellied pig kitten) x

Mags
21-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh, that is so sad Smudgley :cry: I really feel for that little boy:cry:

Why do people keep building your hopes up and then dashing them like that :mad:

I do hope there is a good reason why the lady is late and she may still turn up to meet you Solo .......... meanwhile you can be our very special Catsey mascot!;):D

sammy
21-01-2007, 02:44 PM
:cry: :cry:

dinahsmum
21-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh double spit! :cat13

Smudgley - do you have her number? Just to check? But I suspect you are immune to this, in a way? Why are people so impatient? It's only a few days .....

Donna
21-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Poor Solo - hope he finds his home soon x

CathyW
21-01-2007, 03:42 PM
oh how sad, how can some one do that say one thing and do another, theres a forever mummy out there for him, and shes on her way.
tickles n cuddles to u solo.

Jac
21-01-2007, 03:47 PM
What a pitty Double double spit!!

Poor wee guy. I really hope he gets a home soon, but she got a kitten!!

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Very very sad; poor little Solo...hope his real Mom comes soon to take him to his forever home,,, :cry:

smudgley
21-01-2007, 06:19 PM
The nearest cats protection adoption centre have got a space to take him in, so I think I will take them up on their offer & take him there.... He'll get more attention there & will be more likely to find a home too.

I do have the ladies phone number, but to be quite honest I have no time for people who don't turn up & don't phone & I can do without their excuses :roll:

Mags
21-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Poor Solo :cry:

Smudgley, if he goes to the Adoption Centre will you be able to keep us informed how he gets on and, most importantly, let us know if he finds his forever mum at last?

smudgley
21-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Poor Solo :cry:

Smudgley, if he goes to the Adoption Centre will you be able to keep us informed how he gets on and, most importantly, let us know if he finds his forever mum at last?

I'm sure I will. I've never had one leave me before to go anywhere other than to a home. It feels a bit strange & to be honest, whilst he's here I know he's ok, but I know he'll be better off there & I know he'll see more people, he really doesn't have much quality time with anyone here.

I can't understand it.The lady was so desperate to come & see him, & then just doesn't bother.... a phonecall makes all the difference.

Mags
21-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm sure I will. I've never had one leave me before to go anywhere other than to a home. It feels a bit strange & to be honest, whilst he's here I know he's ok, but I know he'll be better off there & I know he'll see more people, he really doesn't have much quality time with anyone here.

I can't understand it.The lady was so desperate to come & see him, & then just doesn't bother.... a phonecall makes all the difference.
I suppose she could have been unwell :? but there again, a phone call would only have taken a minute or so .......:(

charliebubs
21-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh, what a shame Smudgley. Poor little Solo.

Big hugs coming his way from us here. ((((((()))))))
xx

Fran
21-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Poor Solo. I am so gutted for him :(

Sweet
22-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Is Solo the one who needs to be an only cat? x

smudgley
22-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes he needs to be an indoor cat & an only cat or live with other FIV's

Liz
22-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Smudgley we had and FIV feral who lived with us for 8 months till she died and she lived with 36 other non FIV (all tested still recovering from bill) as she wasn't a fighter or biter she had her own space and bed and although not touchable although she moved with us last July 06 150 miles with all the others we never treated her differently and non of the others were affected surely he could go to a home with non FIV - in America I have friends who have a mixed bunch and its not transferred to the non FIV and all live inside in harmony with a huge outdoor run.

he's wonderful and another black kitty would be welcome here and he could be a housecat along with the other 15 - 4 by their choice others by our choice as all were retrapped following the mas breakout - interestingly enough Holly who was FIV and feral to boot stayed during that incident so like to think she enjoyed all the creature comforts!

When she passed she was creamated and is now waiting to go with her 3 bridge brothers in to our garden of remembrance when its built.

If you need a loving home give us a shout Elaine will vouch for me she keeps trying to steal my Minmin (ragdoll) and peanut have to check she has no passengers to upset the wonderful Eva the Diva!

smudgley
22-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't rehome him with other cats.

Got some ferals you can have though! :-D :-D

Liz
22-01-2007, 09:43 PM
We have 20 ferals already some nice as pie and a couple still work in progress so no more ferals may be a couple of nice ones but somehow its the ferals that we keep taking on!

Sweet
22-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I really hope Solo finds his home soon, pity he needs to be alone or he melted my heart today when I read his little letter, I would of gave him his forever home - give him hugs please x

alexgirl73
23-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh no!:cry: Poor Solo, I was so hoping that when I came back on here it would be to the news he had gone to his forever home.
Ooooh, let me at that woman:mad:

Everything crossed that he will find his home soon xx