PDA

View Full Version : Almost got another cat then

Kazz
21-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Pottered out the front to pop a note through my neighbours door to tell him his exhaust had come (I took it in from the courier today) and while I stood talking to John from two doors down (not exhaust man) he was walking his dog.
John said "Oh you've got a new cat then" and pointed to a feline visitor going through the open front door I said "No" and walked over to shoo him out, Cleo was sitting on the bottom step of the stairs looking at him and he went over and headbutted her like he knew her - maybe he does - she took no notice of him and walked past to me standing on the doorstep, the visitor turned round followed Cleo and then walked through the fence to next door and then onward down the gardens.

He looked well fed and loved maybe on his nightly stroll I mean for all I know he does this every night I am not normaly stood on the doorstep at 11 at night. But he seemed to recognise Cleo and she him.

Karen

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Maybe Cleo has a boyfriend? I mean, she didn't hiss or spit at him...sounds like a friendly fellow! What was he, another white and ginger, or what? Think that's cool; can just imagine what Leia would do if someone walked in her house...she carries on like mad when Borden the cat across the street dares to walk in her front yard... one of my worries if I can ever get Onyx in....:roll:

Mags
21-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe one of Cleo's old flames Kazz ;)

Jac
21-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe Cleo's "other half":lol:

Kazz
21-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Well its my wandering kittens returned. Well one of them anyhow. http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=12117&highlight=kittens

Remember?

The wanderer is Reuben, I did not recognise him as he's fully grown now and a proper big cat seems his brother is more of a home body although he does occasionaly patrol with his brother and Mom only goes as far as the garden.
So thats why Cleo knows him he has maybe been calling since he was a baby. :)

dinahsmum
21-01-2007, 03:24 PM
:lol:
I suspect Cleo knows all the cats in the area and vice versa. I also suspect that they 'respect' her too, as the matriarch of neighbourhood.
I remember you fretting about the kittens - good to hear they've turned out well.

Kim
21-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Nice to know Reuben is well. I expect Cleo does know all the cats in the neighbourhood. I expect she is given total respect too!

Kazz
21-01-2007, 03:35 PM
You might be right but I think she is too old to be a threat to them therefore left alone, these days and of couse she has Stafford backup should any need for that arise. :)

Jac
21-01-2007, 03:50 PM
You might be right but I think she is too old to be a threat to them therefore left alone, these days and of couse she has Stafford backup should any need for that arise. :)

hehe I can just picture it, her standing back to let the staffie's take over:lol:

Sweet
22-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Awww bless x