PDA

View Full Version : Bliss' first show..

Fran
20-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Bliss went to her very first show today. She was extremely well behaved and took it all in her stride. Unfortunately, She had her first place and BOB witheld in her open class as the judges declared that she was a caramel tortie not a lilac tortie! Tbh, we were half expecting this. I spoke to all the judges who judged her today and they all had very nice comments about her and said how very pretty and 'typey' she was and that it will be well worth re-registering her as a caramel tortie and getting her back out on the show bench :D She gained a 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in her side clasees beating a couple of very nice cats despite being the wrong colour!!!!

I have a couple of piccies of her in her pen and will upload them when I have put them onto the PC.

Donna
20-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Glad you had a good day - and well done on the 2nd, 3rd and 4ths!!

dandysmom
20-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Glad she had a good day, and what a shame the color registration kept her from winning! Doesn't Mildred have to be re-registered also? Looking forward to the pics! (((hugs))) to you all!

Fran
20-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Doesn't Mildred have to be re-registered also?

We won't know until she has been to her first show and see what the judges think Eileen. At the minute we still think she will be considered a spotted tabby but until she has been to her first show we can only guess :roll:

Kazz
20-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Congratulations - well done brilliant.

Kazz
20-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay I am confused - how can they/you/no one know what colour she is?

Fran
20-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Here's a couple of piccies of her today..

[attach-center]477[/attach-center]

[attach-center]478[/attach-center]

[attach-center]479[/attach-center]

Fran
20-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Okay I am confused - how can they/you/no one know what colour she is?

They work to a breed standard Kazz, the breed standard for Oriental lilac tortie states they must have lilac mingled with cream which she has but she also has some 'apricot' tortie markings which infact render her a 'caramel' as lilacs do not have apricot tones. Some judges will judge apricot tones as a 'hot cream' but in Bliss' case they feel they are more apricot than hot cream hence she must be caramel :?

borderdawn
20-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Well done Fran.
Dawn.

Kazz
20-01-2007, 11:19 PM
They work to a breed standard Kazz, the breed standard for Oriental lilac tortie states they must have lilac mingled with cream which she has but she also has some 'apricot' tortie markings which infact render her a 'caramel' as lilacs do not have apricot tones. Some judges will judge apricot tones as a 'hot cream' but in Bliss' case they feel they are more apricot than hot cream hence she must be caramel :?

Ahhh right - totally baffled now but please do not try to explain I understand it is technical and all I see to be a honest is a gorgeous cat. :-D

dinahsmum
21-01-2007, 08:57 AM
All very complicated but the judges saw her beauty through the red tape.
So, well done Bliss - onwards and upwards!

Moli
21-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Well Done PK & Bliss, brilliant she was placed....As for colours, you have totally confuse me too PK, I stick to the seals, and chocolates....Although I have heard its difficult to tell a colour until the kitten has grown a bit....
Oliver is a black oriential, but he has a few white hairs, if I wantd to show him, I wold have to pull them out!!!

Mags
21-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Well done Fran and Bliss!!

All these colour definitions sound so complicated to me! :?

Jac
21-01-2007, 12:30 PM
The mind boggles:? Well done for the places you got.

Kazz
21-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Thank God I am not the only one who does not understand

charliebubs
21-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Well done Fran!!! I was thinking of you yesterday at Bliss' first show!!! I'm glad she took it all in her stride, as that's the most important thing. I really hate seeing people showing cats who are clearly so distressed by being in the pen and the show environment. :(

Anyway, big congratulations to you and Bliss!!!!!!!!! The sky's the limit once she has been re-registered!!!! :):):)

Fran
21-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks all. It is complicated and it's taken me ages to get my head around the colour thing and what is actually what. But to put it simply according to the judges yesterday, she is not the colour that the breeder registered her as and so she has to be registered as a different colour in order to carry on showing :)

Fran
21-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm glad she took it all in her stride, as that's the most important thing. I really hate seeing people showing cats who are clearly so distressed by being in the pen and the show environment. :(

I quite agree with you and I would never force any of my cats to be shown if they hated going. I hate to see the ones hidden under their blankets all day :(

charliebubs
21-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I quite agree with you and I would never force any of my cats to be shown if they hated going. I hate to see the ones hidden under their blankets all day :(

I know you wouldn't. I don't think anyone on here would. Some people do have all their priorities wrong at the shows though and I agree I hate seeing the poor cats that are hidden and so scared :(

Just want to hug them all!!!!! :):):)

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 08:14 PM
The outgoing ones who clearly enjoy being there and showing off seem to be having so much fun! I also feel for those that obviously hate it...Dandy was pet quality, but in the one show he went to on exhibit he was having a complete ball....adored every minute of it and just ate up all the attention! Little ham! Fran: I didn't realize the breeder registered the kittens? Thought you did that.....?

Fran
21-01-2007, 08:27 PM
The outgoing ones who clearly enjoy being there and showing off seem to be having so much fun! I also feel for those that obviously hate it...Dandy was pet quality, but in the one show he went to on exhibit he was having a complete ball....adored every minute of it and just ate up all the attention! Little ham! Fran: I didn't realize the breeder registered the kittens? Thought you did that.....?

No the breeder registers the kittens as she has the mating certificate etc..

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, maybe is was different here back in the 70"s...I had Dandy's papers and regsitered him in TICA myself....interesting ......

Fran
21-01-2007, 10:09 PM
What happens here with the GCCF is, the breeder registers the kitten, gives you the pink slip with the kittens details and registration number on and then you apply to the GCCF to transfer the kitten into your name :)

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Interesting! Dandy was the only cat I ever registered, my Aby was pet quality, and my others were moggys, none of whom would have enjoyed the show experience at all! Puras were quite rare here then, which was why he was allowed to go on exhibit. I can see how showing can be addictive, especially when you have such gorgeous cats as Bliss and Mildred!

Fran
21-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I can see how showing can be addictive, especially when you have such gorgeous cats as Bliss and Mildred!

Awwww thank you Eileen :) Yes, it is addictive and yes, they are gorgeous but then I am biased and I will always bring the best cat home from the show at the end of the day ;)

Sweet
21-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Congratulations on her first show, colours go way over my head LOL x

Kay
24-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Well down Fran and Bliss. Told you you could do it. Sorry I couldn't be there but I know you understand why. The pics are gorgeous, a definite natural show cat in the making. Give Bliss a big hug from me and Cory meows 'Well Done'. Can't wait to see her in the flesh at a show.

Love Kay. xx

Fran
24-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Awww thank you Kay, I couldn't have done it without your help! Can't wait to see you too x

Kay
24-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Awww thank you Kay, I couldn't have done it without your help! Can't wait to see you too x

Not a problem anytime ....... although I don't quite know how I helped when I wasn't even there. Not that long till I see you all. You better make sure you have got the cats when you go home and that I haven't pinched one. Don't know what my lot would make of them though. They are the complete opposite of mine ....... no coat, large ears, long thin tail, long thin legs, very long triangular face against full heavy coat, very tiny ears, short bushy tail, short stocky legs and a large round face with a short nose. :roll: :roll: :roll:

alexgirl73
24-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry I missed this thread when I was offline Fran. Well done on Bliss's placings and looking forward to how well she'll do when re-registered.

Fran
24-01-2007, 10:21 PM
:lol: the two breeds could not be more far apart could they? :-D

You were a great help kay - with all the advice and support and encouragement you gave me during the hours we spent on the phone :shock:

Kay
24-01-2007, 10:34 PM
:lol: the two breeds could not be more far apart could they? :-D

You were a great help kay - with all the advice and support and encouragement you gave me during the hours we spent on the phone :shock:

Good job I am on Vodaphone free weekend calls isn't it. :roll: :roll:

Fran
24-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Good job I am on Vodaphone free weekend calls isn't it. :roll: :roll:

It certainly is Kay, thank you so much x

Kay
24-01-2007, 10:47 PM
It certainly is Kay, thank you so much x

Speak to you at the weekend.

Soupie
06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
What a stunning cat :cool:

although I can see the caramel in her. You must be very proud of her :D

Fran
06-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Thank you Soupie :D I am very proud of her :cat21 She has now been re-registered as a Caramel Tortie with the GCCF so we will see what the judges think of her now she is the correct colour ;)

Soupie
06-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Thank you Soupie :D I am very proud of her :cat21 She has now been re-registered as a Caramel Tortie with the GCCF so we will see what the judges think of her now she is the correct colour ;)

I suspect you might be bringing home a few first places :smt038 :smt023

Fran
06-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I suspect you might be bringing home a few first places :smt038 :smt023

It would be nice but at the end of the day whether I bring any prizes home or not, I will be bringing the best cat home at the end of the shows ;)

dandysmom
06-02-2007, 11:39 PM
When's the next show she'll be entered in, Fran?

Fran
06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
When's the next show she'll be entered in, Fran?

I can't say Eileen as it is against GCCF rules and we could be disqualified :? Isn't too long away though ;)

dandysmom
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Whoops, sorry! Didn't know that was a no-no.....:oops: Fingers will be crossed, however!

Fran
06-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Thank you Eileen, I do appreciate it x Will let you know how it goes ;)

Kobster
07-02-2007, 04:36 AM
SWOON! Your cats are STUNNING!