PDA

View Full Version : Cat litter?

Tanya
18-01-2007, 01:08 PM
When we first got Oli we tried quite a few different cat litters. We have now been using Catsan for atleast a couple of months now. I found that it lasts alot longer than the others i had tried.

I change Oli's litter every other day (and scoop the poo out when he has done one!), but the last few days it has seemed to be rather wet on the first day. (the information on the Catsan packaging says that it lasts longer than many other litters)

Can anyone suggest a better litter? ;)

kado
18-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I use to use catsan but because i have 4 cats found it to expensive as i have two litter trays and i empty them out every day. I now use sophisicat you can get it from morrisons its an anti bacterial one. I am look after a friends cat at the moment and he uses the same. Sophisicat is just as good for me as catsan. I hope that has helped

Tanya
18-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for that! I think I have tried using Sophisticat and what you say is true. It does last as long as Catsan, maybe i should try it again! :)

dinahsmum
18-01-2007, 01:21 PM
World's Best lives up to its name. More expensive to buy but it lasts ages. Very easy to scoop, as the cat's wee forms little 'pee-patties' which you can take out (and flush! - big bonus), leaving the remaining litter totally clean and odour free
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=45&pg_id=442

charliebubs
18-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll second that Dinahsmum! I used Catsan mixed with Tesco Value litter (to keep the cost down before) but have recently discovered Worlds Best and love it. There is much less waste as you can just scoop out the poos and the wees make little clumps that you can scoop, and it's all flushable so no more putting it in the bin for me!!

The only downside that I have encountered so far is that it's much lighter than Catsan and so they tend to kick it around a bit more.

Even though you pay a lot for a bigger bag it lasts ages as there is much less waste. :)

Tanya
18-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Do you have to order Worlds Best cat litter online or can you buy it in shops?

Thanks

dinahsmum
18-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I've not seen it in local shops. Don't know if Pets at Home etc sell it?

Tanya
18-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for that. I have never noticed it in Pets at Home, but to be honest, i havent looked for it before!

When i next go to town i will have a look in Pets at Home :)

Shadowdh
18-01-2007, 07:55 PM
We use the pets at home wood pellet cat litter and its great... It is extremely easy to scoop his number twos from and the wee just causes it to turn to a thick dust... then you change it about once a week or just under... lasts ages and doesnt lend to smells... I really like its ease of use and so (I think) does Jack-Jack... also its cheap...

charliebubs
19-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Do you have to order Worlds Best cat litter online or can you buy it in shops?

Thanks

Pets at Home do sell it as far as I know, although I bought mine at a cat show.

:)

jenny
19-01-2007, 08:34 PM
i'll agree with worlds best. absolutely fantastic stuff and lasts for ages.
i work at pets at home and we sell it there, but only the small bags. altho a small bag lasts ages anyway!

Elaine
19-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I am sure I read somewhere, possibly on another forum, that Pets at Home have started selling Worls Best.