PDA

View Full Version : The Refined Art Of Mousing

Luke
17-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Cats, they make you smile don't they?:)
It's quite a nice day today, no sun but its just nice n fresh, so the cats are playing outside (Bella is still very getting used to the garden) and there is quite a large pile of wood and garden waste thats waiting to be popped in the burner...but it's been there such a long time now that, of course, the mice clan have moved in. And of course Clementine has too...'exercise her tactics' after such a long winter...but the funniest part is, she is actually showing/teaching Bella how too...including throwing 'half-dead' (i say this as they are still alive) mice at her..Bella actually ran and hid when the first one was thrown at her..but now i can just see that big long ginger squirrel tail swishing from within the wood pile.
I tell you I'm going to have to pack my bags and leave if Bella turns out to be anything like her 'mentor' on the hunting front:shock: I think i'm about to break out into a cold sweat at the thought of double the amount of hunting trophies:shock::lol:
It's really curious how Clementine REALLY has adopted the role of 'mother' to Bella, she was speyed at the appropriate age and never had kittens (obviously) and Bella really seems to have unleashed her maternal instincts...

dinahsmum
17-01-2007, 02:16 PM
That's a lovely cat tale (tail?) Luke. :)
You don't think Clementine is thinking of retiring and handing over to Bella do you? :-D

Luke
17-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh I live in hope dm!! I honestly have never known a cat like the tortie nightmare, our vet has a 'theory' that it could from her parentage..her father(s?) were feral farm moggies, and i say feral i mean...:shock: