PDA

View Full Version : Kittens and length of hair...

Snoof
15-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Ok, so we have 4 kittens here, and out of all of them only 2 have the same type of hair! Can someone who knows about this stuff tell me what to expect, or will I have to figure it out as they grow?

Wasabi's hair is very smooth and sleek - follows the contours of his tiny body perfectly (but is nice and fluffy in the tummy :lol:).
Kobu and Ke-ki (the black boy and girl, respectively) have fluffy hair, but it doesn't seem particularly longer than Wasabi's, just fluffy as all get-out (the fact that his is so sleek may conceal a difference in length, I don't know, can't tell).
Sushi (the little girl with the white spot on her chest) has longer hair - thick and fluffy and silky.

I can figure out that Wasabi is a shorthair and Sushi is a long-hair (I initially thought semi-long, but now suspect long - not sure, will take individual pictures this week so I can introduce you to all of them by name!). But what of Kobu and Ke-ki?

I'm intrigued because they're still so small (4 weeks old on Wednesday!) but they have such differences in coat types, and I'm wondering if Kobu and Ke-ki are simply fluffier than Wasabi or if their coat is going to be some middle length... Anyone?

dinahsmum
15-01-2007, 05:00 PM
No idea!
But I do know that Bentley and his brother are quite different

Jac
15-01-2007, 05:40 PM
There again they could have diffrent fathers.

Snoof
15-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Indeed, Jac. We know nothing about this pregnancy since we didn't have her when she was mated. Well... all we know is that the kittens are all gorgeous and wonderful and lovely :-)

I suppose that's all we need, too :-D

Fran
15-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not really sure Snoof but they are all super duper gorgeous whatever their coat types :cool:

Sweet
15-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I cannot help here, any chance of more pics soon :lol: x