PDA

View Full Version : Arthur injuried - not serious though

EmmaG
14-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Arthur was having fun in the garden earlier, I thought it was about time I got him in (they only really go out at the weekends when we are there) and I saw him from the bedroom window. By the time I had walked around to the kitchen door another cat had obviously walked up our drive and Arthur must have spotted it. I opened the door and both cats shot past me down the drive, I was in hot pursuit and found them at the bottom of the drive fighting (tumbling over and over fur flying everywhere) I shouted at them to stop which they did, the other cat went running across the road with Arthur in hot pursuit :roll:

I ran after them, across the road and up a neighbours front garden. They started fighting again :mad: the other cat ran off and Arthur tried to follow again, the cat went under a neighbours back door, and I shouted to Arthur to stay, which luckily he did, managed to pick him up and take him home and locked the cat flap.

Injuries consist of :-

1 rather nasty cut near eye
2 very first pad on foot (the one up the front leg) split
3 he has got some cuts to his gums :roll:
4 a lot of fur missing.

I am glad sometimes that I only let him out when we are there.

He has been sleeping all afternoon and even refusing his food, hopefully he will feel better in a day or two:roll:

Boys!!! who would have them :roll:

CathyW
14-01-2007, 09:35 PM
so hes a ruffty tufty cat, u going to change his name to spike then,
mind u arthur was my dads name, and in his youth he was a right scrapper, in fact when he walked down a street all the other lads scarpered, so hes living up to his names sake.
hope he heals up quickly.

EmmaG
14-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Well I did call him a bruiser earlier :) I just have to be so careful when he gets into fights because of his heart murmur. He is such a sweetie though ;)

dandysmom
14-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, how scary for you, Emma! Has he let you bathe his cuts? Poor boy, defending his territory...glad it's nothing really major!! Hope he perks up and eats soon...please keep us posted......

Luke
14-01-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm glad he isn't too 'roughed up' Emma, sure he will be fine. He's a tom, made of strong stuff!
Although i must agree...i too hate cat fighting, so brutal...

EmmaG
14-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I wiped his eye dandysmom, but decided to leave the rest be. (well the OH told me to stop fussing over him ;) ) I must admit my heart was pounding when I went running after him. One thing I was very worried about was them both running into the neighbours garden who keep dogs. I think they were out though as the dogs were indoors.

alexgirl73
14-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Poor baby!!! Lots of TLC called for I think Emma. Fingers crossed he perks up quickly! x

charliebubs
14-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Poor boy - just doing what comes naturally though. Hope he feels better soon and heals well. Give him our love!!

:)

Fran
14-01-2007, 09:53 PM
You must have been so worried Emma :( I am so pleased that he has escaped with minor injuries only. Give him a big cuddle from me x

EmmaG
14-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks everbody, he has now had loads of cuddles from the Catsey members :) and he has also had some food which is good. His face does look a bit swollen lol

Mags
14-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Another cuddle from a Catsey member coming his way! :D

Sorry to hear that Emma, keep an eye on his cuts in case they turn nasty......

yola
14-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Poor puss :( It's when the run blind like that in the midst of a fight that they often get hurt by traffic etc.

Still - I'm happy Arthur seems to be on the mend. Keep an eye on him Emma, any sign of fever and get him to the vet pronto!!

Elaine
14-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Poor Arthur, hope he recovers well and eats something soon. Lots of hugs to him.
Sending a hug to you too coz i know I would have needed one. xxx

Sweet
14-01-2007, 10:34 PM
A big Catsey huggle coming from us here in Bristol too ((((((huggles))))) x

Kazz
14-01-2007, 11:02 PM
He's a Tom cat he'll be fine but - I would run him to the vet tomorrow and get a jab of antibiotic - cat bites/scratches are horrible things and could lead to absess, and close to the eye would not be good and he can't get at it to lick it either. It depends on how bad it looks I must admit with Oz I became an expert at spotting a potential absess from a
battle wound that would heal nicely.

EmmaG
14-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I was a bit concerned when they ran across the road Yola as I could hear a car coming, luckily they went across the road well before the car turned up and our road is normally very quiet.

Thanks everybody, I will see how he looks tomorrow he has had some food and is now asleep on the bed. I think the cut by his eye will be ok, his lip is a bit swollen though!!!

If it looks any worse tomorrow I will take him to the vets.

Not the first time he has been in a fight and no doubt not the last.

Moli
14-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Its horrible to see your cat fighting, Hope Arthur makes a speedy recovery and another big Hug from me....

Donna
14-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Hope Arthur is alright Emma - tis scarey!!

Saw Chloe getting chased by a big tom cat today and she just cowered in the grass but the noise coming from her ??? didnt ever think I would hear such a gruesome wail from such a madam cat!!!

I hate cat fights - they are awful to watch and hear.

dinahsmum
15-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Hope Arthur is fine after a night's sleep

Mags
15-01-2007, 12:36 PM
How is Arthur today Emma?

Jac
15-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Aww poor thing. How is he today? It must have been really frightening for you.
Give him a big cuddle from me.

EmmaG
15-01-2007, 06:56 PM
His face is a tiny bit puffy apart from that he is fine, making a real fuss of me this morning and he is now demanding more food!!!! lol

Fran
15-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear that he is doing ok Emma!

Mags
15-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Bless him........ he is making the most of your sympathy Emma :-D

Glad to hear he is ok ;)

dandysmom
15-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Good news! When they're eating voraciously I always feel they can't be too sick! (((hugs))) to you both!

dinahsmum
15-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Sounds good - watch out he doesn't try and con you!

Donna
15-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Glad he is feeling better Emma x