PDA

View Full Version : Cat skin colour

tilly
14-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I remember sometime ago someone was asking if the colour of the cats coat was in the skin pigment as well and as Tilly is shaved at the moment (after her op) I can see that her skin is dark where her fur is dark and light where it is light. Not sure if it helps or not but I thought it was an interesting point to add and I am not sure where the original question was posted.

Sally

charliebubs
14-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes, that's right Sally. In tabby cats you can see the tabby markings on their skin when they are clipped too!!

:)

Elaine
14-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, that's right Sally. In tabby cats you can see the tabby markings on their skin when they are clipped too!!

:)

Really? Never knew that about tabby skin.:)

Mags
14-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I think this is the thread you are thinking of Tilly :)

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=18007&highlight=Cat+skin+colour

Kazz
14-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes when Cleo had her op last year and was shaved you could see the ginger bits of skin mixed with lighter bits of ginger skin into almost cream coloured then white.

dandysmom
14-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Both of my blue torbies' skin was the same color as the fur above it when shaved for spaying.........this is usual, I believe; but question: what color is an all black cat's skin? No way I can get close enough to Onyx to check her out LOL

tilly
14-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Tilly is a dark grey and white and her skin is dark grey in the grey bit so I would imagine that a black cat has black skin. And yes the above link is the one I was talking about.

Sally