PDA

View Full Version : Success with the water fountain!!

yola
14-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Having purchased one of these water fountain jobbies for the cats for Christmas I despaired when they all totally ignored it (as they do with most thing I buy them :shock: )!

Bit by bit, however they've started drinking from it, and just now, Fifi (my died in the wool cat who does NOTHING out of character) started drinking from it - which means all 3 are happily slurping now :D

Time to pour away the ordinary water bowls . . . hurrah :-D :-D :-D

dandysmom
14-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Hmmm...maybe I should consider getting one; don't think Leia drinks enough water! Pleased that yours are using it........

Donna
14-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Have you noticed an increased amount of cat drinking going on Yola????

Still not got one - vet recommended one as Chloe needed to drink more - but I put water mixed into her wet food which does likes as it adds to the gravy/jelly so think she getting more water intake.

Elaine
14-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Nice one Yola. I do like the water fountains. I bought one over a year ago, mainly for Winstons water intake but still had bowls of water all round the house for him too just incase he didnt feel like moving too far from his comfy spots.
Since Winston left us and all other water bowls were removed, I noticed a big difference with how much water Eva and Bernie drink, and did worry a little at first that something might be wrong with them LOL but thats me all over, I worry too much LOL.

Fran
14-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I've been thinking about getting one of these myself. I'm glad to hear some success stories :cool:

dinahsmum
14-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Ours is a great success. The kittens haven't known anything different and Min enjoys the moving water stream too.
Glad it's working for you too Yola
I'd recommend them to everyone.

alexgirl73
14-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Definitely getting one as soon as I can!

Jac
14-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Glad there all drinking from it now. One less thing for the kids to play with:-D

yola
14-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Have you noticed an increased amount of cat drinking going on Yola????

Actually yes, Donna. All my cats (being on a dry diet) drink quite a lot - especially Darcy, but they do seem to be enjoying drinking from the fountain and spend quite a while there each time.

Sweet
14-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I will have to look these up.....not sure what they look like x

yola
15-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Sweet - this is the one I've got; except it's white. Got it at Pets at Home but I think most pet shops will stock them. IT does need mains power which threw me a bit as I kind of assumed it ran on batteries!