PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - Saturday

dinahsmum
13-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Good morning! After getting a little bit of earache from Jac yesterday, for no daily shred/thread or Fred, I thought I'd get in early. :)
Well today is St Hilary's day. Thought you'd want to know that. He (how I hate having a ambidextrous name, although, Mr Benn aside, I think we wimmin have now claimed it as our own) was a fourth century Bishop of Potiers, a convert from paganism and was interested in anaesthesia. According to tradition, "St. Hilary's is the coldest day of the year." Not this year it aint! Double figures at dawn :roll:
I have a busy day planned doing nothing very much but lots of little things to tie up. However I think I'll be home most of the day, so i can leave Catsey simmering and pop in now and again.
Have a nice Saturday everyone.:)

Fran
13-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning DM, morning all, dry day here at the minute. I am just about to take Em and her friend to Netball training then I will rush round the shops for cat food, cat litter and I have to pop and get some bits and pieces for our new kitchen before the electrician comes on Monday.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Will chat when I get back :)

smudgley
13-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Morning!
For once I have a free day!
Cats are sorted & they've had sardines for breakfast.I have been for a nice walk with the dog, bit windy out but it's ok. John went food shopping yesterday whilst I did the housework & I got all the washing done last night too, So yipee not much to do today. :cool:

alexgirl73
13-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Morning all. Looks like rain here. Still windy. Kids gone to their saturday club, quiet day planned. Miss Teddie is very runny again today, so I don't know whether she has eaten something she shouldn't. Will see how she goes for the rest of the day, and if no better, back on starvation for 24 hours again, poor, poor baby!

Jac
13-01-2007, 01:20 PM
:oops: DM me?:oops:

Quiet day today. Although last night I told Ceilidh to sleep on as there was no school, she got up at 7.30! Yet school days I have to wake her!!:?
Going to have a look at a laminate place that has 50% off. Not sure if it will be today or tomorrow. My get up and go seem's to have got up and gone:D .
Will be spending time here though.

Mags
13-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Afternoon all, it's been a grey, drizzly day here so far. Have been into town this morning just for a look round, didn't have anything in mind to buy ... for a change!:roll:
Not a lot planned for this afternoon, may help OH finish stripping the wallpaper in the bedroom.

Have a nice weekend all! :cool:

dandysmom
13-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Grey and drizzly all day, but still unseasonably mild...Arctic air coming next week !! And there's a terrible ice storm in Oklahoma City where Carolyn moved; feel very sorry for the folks there. To the library as usual and just messing around with the papers and crossword. Onyx came for both meals, drizzle notwithstanding...food is food! Have a good evening, all!.