PDA

View Full Version : Salts gone

Naomi
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
After careful consideration and discussions with our vet and neighbour over the past couple of days it has been decided that Salt be rehomed.

Our neighbour is too old to care for her. As I have two other cats, a dog and two small children in the house, with Salt not using her litter tray it was decided that Salt be rehomed. She has made a good recovery thank goodness with regards to her cough it's just her toilet habits.

She has been handed over to the Gwent CPL who will keep me informed of her progress.

alexgirl73
11-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh Naomi! I can only imagine how hard a decision that was for you. Great to hear that she recovered well, but so sad that you had to part with her. ((hugs)) xx

Mags
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
So sorry you had to make this decision Nae, it is very difficult when you have young children and a cat that prefers the floor to using her litter tray. :( I think you are doing the wisest thing and hopefully Salt will be found another loving home soon.

So pleased to hear she has recovered from her nasty cough too ........

charliebubs
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
That must have been so difficult. I'm sure it's the best thing for both Salt and you. Good luck to her and hugs to you.
x

dinahsmum
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm very pleased that her health has improved and hope she will find a nice home soon. It's a tough decision to make. Hope you are OK Nae.

Naomi
11-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for your support guy's. I was worried that people would think that I was shrugging my responsiblity of her :?

alexgirl73
11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Don't be daft Nae, no-one would think that. We all know how much time and money you have spent on Salt, and how she hasn't been happy for quite a while. It is the best thing for her. x

EmmaG
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Eh???? Have I missed something?? I thought she wasn't very well and the vets have given up all hope???

Kazz
11-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Eh???? Have I missed something?? I thought she wasn't very well and the vets have given up all hope???

I have to say the same question sprung into my mind too.

dandysmom
11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
And me also; I thought when I saw the title of this post that she had died!! Thank God that was wrong; mustn't have been easy to make that decision, Nae, but in the long run it seems best for both of your happinesses. I hope she finds a loving home...

Kazz
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry but this is a cat that was given no hope by the vet or am I wrong and the vet said not to let her out due to the stress that may cause her - are the CPL aware of her heart condition, and thats she's on medication/antibiotics for an illness the vet was unable to identify.

Fran
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
It all seems so sudden :? Didn't the CPL have a waiting list? I really hope that she is ok, she is a very sweet cat who is obviously in need of some tlc...

borderdawn
11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
You took me by surprise there Nae, I didnt think she was well enough for anything let alone rehoming. I wondered if your new dog had upset her which could of made her litter habits erratic?
dawn.

Naomi
13-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I saw a different vet again, a 3rd one :roll: and it was that vet who has helped us out. I did travel a little further than I'd have liked to see them but it was worth it.

smudgley
13-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw a different vet again, a 3rd one :roll: and it was that vet who has helped us out. I did travel a little further than I'd have liked to see them but it was worth it.

I'm confused :?

Kazz
13-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Me too, what did the 3rd vet say about her heart?

Donna
13-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I know I have not been here for a while, but think I must of missed a huge chunk somewhere - will go back over the posts to look again...