PDA

View Full Version : Found this ad on Gumtree

tilly
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi, i have a pregnant tabby cat who is most likely to be giving birth in the next 2 months. She is litter trained and and very playful and most of all very cute, especailly her big cute eyes. I am selling her becuase i just dont have the time to look after becuase of my studies at college.

anyway, if you want a cat who will be giving some kittens in a few weeks time then please hurry.

She has to go to a warm loving home where she will be looked after, if you dont have a garden, then dont worry she always stays indoors but if you have a garden then its a bonus for her.

i'm only asking for £100, so if you want her then be qiuck. If you are intrested and reply then please make sure you leave your contact number. thanks

I'VE ALSO ADDED SOME PICS OF HER, PLEASE SEE!

regards,

samad

How can anyone get rid of a cat when she is pregnant. Is anyone able to help her I can't but thought it would be worth a try as she needs a good home where she won't just be used for breeding. I thought as I know some of run resuce whether you might be able to help. Sorry if it is not allowed but I had to try something. There are photos on the site the link is below

http://www.gumtree.com/london/81/7347281.html

Sally

charliebubs
09-01-2007, 08:59 PM
That's just awful. Poor cat. That owner clearly has no idea how pregnant she is or anything.

Also, to add insult to injury they are asking for money for her!!! Terrible!! Surely they just want her to go to a loving new home.

Some people - hmmmmmmppppppphhhhhhh!!!!!!

:(

dandysmom
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
That is so sad! Poor cat. And asking for money....people like that sicken me ,,,:cry:

Tanya
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
That is sick! When you get a pet, you make a comittment to look after them. If you dont want your car to get pregnant, its quite simple really ....

take a small trip to the vets and get her spayed!

I cannot believe that this person is asking for money. She obviously does not care about this cat. I pitty this poor, pregnant cat. Lets home she goes to a loving home.

alexgirl73
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
That is sick!! Poor, poor cat. I have reported it to the gumtree admin that I think it's wrong to advertise a pregnant animal for sale. grrrrrr!

Snoof
10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
That just makes me angry. And yes, people do give away pregnant cats and force them to make such a big change whilst pregnant. That's why I have four kittens in my house, along with their wonderful mummy - except those people didn't even tell me she was pregnant, they lied about her getting out although they did tell us she hadn't been spayed.

It's disgusting, it really is. And then asking for money! What the hell?

charliebubs
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
That is sick!! Poor, poor cat. I have reported it to the gumtree admin that I think it's wrong to advertise a pregnant animal for sale. grrrrrr!

Me too Alex.
It's just so wrong.

random
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
How awful, if I was closer i'd have her and at least foster her untill she'd had the babies and recovered, who knows where she'll end up? :(

CathyW
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
poor girl she looks very un happy doesnt she??? not even a toy in site, a litter tray big deal but wheres her entertainment, a fluffy blanky for her to lie on.

dandysmom
10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Good for you, Alex, for reporting that!! Surely it must be, or should be, unethical ....... ???

JBalways2000
12-01-2007, 01:59 AM
that is so sad:( could someone not take her on and get her spayed before her pregnancy goes to far? i know its horrible, but it would be better then adding to the already high population of unwanted kitties:( poor girl, she does look so sad in those piccies:cry:

Snoof
12-01-2007, 08:53 AM
She's probably too far along for that now.

The people who gave us Sashimi, and who didn't tell us she was pregnant, texted us last night asking if she's being good, and if she's had her kittens yet :shock:

The nerve :? And this after I was very curt replying to their last attempt at contact (an email), saying we were incredibly unimpressed they'd lied to us about her getting out.

People think of animals as commodities, to be bred at their leisure... I find it really disturbing.