PDA

View Full Version : Visit to vet for Duster

skjerstad
08-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi, thought I would let you know that I'm taking Duster (grey moggy) to the vet at 09:50.
He has been sick a few times over the last few days and what he brings up seems almost Faecal (sorry to be so graphic).
I don't know for sure if his bowels are active but he hasn't hardly been out for days.
He seems slightly better in himself this morning, which is typical when I have made the appointment, but I just want to get him checked out now.
Will let you all know how he gets on.
Fingers crossed for him.
:)

Fran
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Good luck and fingers crossed that it is nothing to worry about. Do let us know how you get on x

dinahsmum
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Good luck - hope it's not as dramatic as it sounds.

skjerstad
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
That's us home, the vet thinks he may have been poisoned but can't really pin it down.
There is no abdominal mass. The thing the vet seemed most interested in was his eyes and the fact that they are so dilated. But I think he is always a bit like that, probably had a visual imparement since birth.

So, she gave him antibiotics and some multi vit & it's bland diet for a few days and see how he goes.

Thanks for your thoughts.
:D

yola
08-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Poisoned :shock: :shock: :shock:

My goodness, I'd be tempted to keep him in for a bit - that's scary and very sad :(

Fran
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
That's us home, the vet thinks he may have been poisoned

:shock: Oh my word, has the vet any idea what sort of poison?? Gosh you must be frantic :( Really hope that he starts to recover quickly x

skjerstad
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
:shock: Oh my word, has the vet any idea what sort of poison?? Gosh you must be frantic :( Really hope that he starts to recover quickly x

She thought something like atropine, due to his eyes being so dilated.
He does have big eyes, but she has seen him a few times and would remember I think.
x

alexgirl73
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Hope he picks up very soon, poor baby. Keep us posted. x

Fran
08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
She thought something like atropine, due to his eyes being so dilated.

I wonder where on earth he could have come into contact with something like this? Keep us posted x

Kazz
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Poor lad, I hope all goes well. Scary isn't it poisioning.

Mags
08-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Poor boy, I hope he picks up soon ........:?

skjerstad
08-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't know what to think of him.
He is so much more himself since his visit this morning.

He has had three very small feeds of white fish, fed by hand of course, and now he is sitting in the middle of the dining table whilst OH makes tea, and is demanding in quite a big voice that he would like more dish please!
I really am glad he is better. :D

dandysmom
08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Dreadfully scary that he might have been poisoned! But glad he's home and eating OK now; do keep us posted, please!

yola
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Now THAT sounds more positive :-D I hope his recovery continues!