PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhoea and lump removal

tilly
05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi went to the vets today to get a worming tablet for both buster and Tilly as they both have got diarrhoea so thought I would get them wormed. Also got some deflear at the same time. And whilst I was in there he called me into the consulting room to have a chat to me about my cats. whioch was very kind of him as i wasn't expecting it. But heres what the plan is for them.

TILLY
As you might recall just before Christmas I found a golfball sized lump on Tilly side. So I took her to the vets and they took a fine needle assiperiate(sp). The results came back that it was just a fatty lump and could be left until she had something else done. I was in hurry for the results as we were going away. Anyway when the vet got off the phone he had another look and found a few malignet cells. he didn't call be right back ad he didn't want me to worry over christmas. It isn't a nasty lump but a benign one that will get bigger and possibley regrow. So he siad that it would be better to remove in the next month. So she is going in on wednessday to have it taken away. It is also in a tricky place; right along her ribs on her right hand side. So it will be easire to close the wound when the lump is small.
She has also got the runs at the moment, but I think that she has got worm and have given her a de wormer, which should sort her out.
She is though very bright and happy.

BUSTER
6/11/06
But soon arfter they moved in I noticed that Buster was always desperately hungry and Tilly was rather thin so I booked Tilly to go to the vet on Friday as I was worried about her possibley having a Thyroid problem. On the day I thought I had better take buster as well as he was so hungry and I thought that he may have a thyroid problem as well as Tilly.

It turns out that Tilly is probably OK as although she has a palpable thyroid she doesn't have any other symptons. Buster on the other hand has all the symptoms of a Hyperthyroid and possibly of a Kidney problem so had a blood test done to check his thyroiud and kidney function out. It has been sent off today and I hope that he is alright.
10/11/06
Had the result on wednessday evening but had no internet. Both Kidney and Thyroid are fine and I have snice upped heis food and he is now happy although getting rather fat!

posted most of the story on behaviour and it can be read here http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=18277 but they have taken a urine sample which had loads of bacteria in it so it has become health so I added the update here. I don't know for certain what the results are yet as they were very busy with emergencys. So they are going to have a look later or tomorrow morning and call me then. But he is on s/d at the moment anyway to help out as they think he has got something.

5/1/07
He is still looking funny and eating loads I have also given him a dewormer. I discussed taking him off s/d but the vet said that it wasn't worth risking him getting a blocked bladder so he is on s/d for life. the vet said to give him at least 6 weeks to see if he gets any less hungry and the to have a check up and he will do a full blood sample to check him out and also to wiegh him as he is getting a bit fat. If that come back OK then he is fine just odd looking. As he manages to have a very skinny body and a large belly. He has also got diarrhoea. But I hope that will stop soon.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would let you know how it is going.

Sally

alexgirl73
05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, you are having a time of it (hugs), hope everything comes back clear. x

tilly
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
It never rains only pours!!! But never mind nothing is too serious.
Sally

Mags
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
You appear to have a lot to cope with at the moment Sally :( ........ I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

I hope all goes well with Tilly on Wednesday......

yola
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the update Sally. I hope Tilly is fine on Wednesday . . . please do let us know. And Buster? Well maybe he's just an odd looking cat. It does happen I suppose ;) But seriously, I hope he's fine too - thankfully all the worrying things came back clear :D

dinahsmum
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Glad to see you've put a smiley face on this post.
Hope everything goes really well for you and the kits

tilly
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I am sure we will sort it out as I have a great vet.
Sally

kado
06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope ther both alright
jane kado guinness simon and kay

tilly
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Just got off the phone from the vet and Tilly is waking up and is OK. She has got a massive wound though. Th vet warned me that it goes from her back all the way down to her abdomen and she has also had a large area shaved. I am off to go and get her at about for and I am bracing myslef for the way she will look. They have sent the lump off to be examined and I will find out what it is in about 10 days. I am hoping it is just an unusual fatty lump. But anyway they cut around it making sure they got it all so that she has a good chance even if it is nasty. I' keep you posted and let you know what happens as soon as I know more.

Also The diarrhoea has gone.

Sally

andy
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
hopefully all turns out well its awful when one of our animals are ill thinking of you

dinahsmum
10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Hope she'll be OK. Any skin excision can look a bit awful, and with the shaving as well ...... we like our fur-babies furry! Good of the vet to tell you before you pick her up and fingers crossed the biopsy shows nothing alarming.

tilly
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the support.

Sally

tilly
11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I have just got back from seeing tilly she look great considering the surgery put she is looking very bald as all the fur on her right side has been shaved as well as most of her back. But she is holding up great. My parent are keeping an eye on her for me as I am at college all day tomorrow and most of friday. I post some photo when her wound has heald so you can see how funny she looks it is a bit icky at the moment with the wound there.

Sally

Fran
11-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Fingers crossed for the biopsy result. Glad she is home and settled, plenty of tlc is inorder I think. Her hair will soon grow back so don't worry about that x

Mags
11-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Glad she is home ...... I hope everything will be alright now......

dandysmom
11-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Hope the news is good! Sending good vibes for you all...!!

alexgirl73
11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Fingers crossed here!

tilly
16-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Just heard back from the vets and the lump is definately not cancer but there is a slim chance that it is a malignant fatty lump.

Sally

Fran
16-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Just heard back from the vets and the lump is definately not cancer but there is a slim chance that it is a malignant fatty lump.

Sally

Hi Tilly, malignant is cancerous :? Did you mean non-malignant?

tilly
16-01-2007, 06:44 PM
No it is definately a fatty lump but it might grow back they aren't sure. There was a few cell that they couldn't identify but I asked if it was cancerous and the vet said no.
Sally