PDA

View Full Version : Des & Bubs

sammy
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Thought it was about time I showed you my two remaining babies!

Here's Desmond:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/Jillytub/IMG_0008.jpg

and Bubble (as a kitten, but she's not much bigger now!):
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/Jillytub/bubs.jpg

They are brother and sister believe it or not!

TIGS
05-01-2007, 06:42 PM
they are gorgeous :) :)

alexgirl73
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Two stunning kitties!! Bubbles is soooo cute!!

Mags
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Lovely cats ......... Bubble is a real cutie! :D

Sweet
05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Two beauties x

Moli
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Two beautys..........

ellenlouise
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
WOw I would never have guessed they are related. What a gorgeous pair, thanks for sharing

Amanda
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh bless, they are cuties :grin:

Fran
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
What gorgeous babies!!!!

sammy
06-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Cheers Guys! They are as chalk and cheese in character as they are in looks. Bubs is very outgoing and playful, will go up to anyone on the street and squeak at them demanding attention. She's had a problem from birth (possibly with her sinuses - our vets best guess) which means she makes funny noises all the time - sometimes cooing like a pigeon, sometimes grunting and many more noises in between! Washing is a particularly noisy affair. She does breathe with her mouth partly open, but apart from that it doesn't affect her at all, in fact she's always been quite the liveliest cat in the house. It is quite endearing and funny - except if she sneaks into our bedroom at night!

She can be silent sometimes, a tactic which she uses to sneak up on people and then make them jump with a kind of 'awaap' noise. The number of times she's employed this trick on various visiting plumbers/electricians etc. is frankly quite embarrassing!

Des on the other hand is a bit of a big girls blouse. He's a very handsome boy, and obviously knows it as he's always posing. Unlike his sister he is nervous of strangers and has been known to jump at his own shadow! But most of the time he's a very relaxed, purry boy - he even purrs whilst eating.

He disappeared a couple of years ago. We leafleted every house within a mile, put posters up, knocked on doors, etc. I was absolutely frantic and heartbroken. I had just about accepted that he probably wasn't coming back, when he appeared at the back door after two weeks, thin, dirty, but otherwise none the worse! If only he could tell us where he'd been.......

They've both been a great comfort to us in our sad loss of Mizzie, although Bubs is also missing her as they played together alot. We're thinking we may have to get another kitten for her (and us!).

Elaine
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Lovely kitties and thanx for sharing their story with us too. xxx