PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's cat had a virus?

Rosie
02-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Rosie sat in the bathroom next to the toilet for 48 hours without eating drinking or toileting. Took her to the vet who couldn't find anything obviously wrong but she had quite a high temperature (Rosie not the vet!). Had antibiotics, antinflamatory and vitamin injections. That was Sunday today she seems to be almost her old self i.e. almost comatose most of the time but at least eating drinking and going out.

Anyone elses cat had these symptoms?

Jac
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorry cant help you with that one but I'm sure someone will. Glad the wee soul is getting better now though. They are a worry arnt they!

smithdouglaswood
02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Our Tom had a very sore throat, glands swollen and very sick in fact it was blood that was coming up in the end! Took him straight down to the vets where he got an injection of anti-biotics, anti-inflamatory and something to stop him being sick. Back the following day for of the above and tablet anti-biotics to see him through till tomorrow. He does seem fine now which is good!

I suppose there are lots of different viruses going around.

Lenore
11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
The day we put up our Xmas tree Newt suddenly starting howling like he was in pain then promptly threw up some orange foam. Then he just went and lay down looking really depressed. We took him to the vet and they checked him over and said he seemed fine and didn't look like he'd swallowed anything (I was a little worried about pine needles, or string from the tree), the last thing he did was take his temp, which was high - 41.8. They gave him something to bring his temp down, antibiotics and a course of tabs (which bless his heart he thought were treats and just ate them down) and said he probably had a 'virus' and to watch him closely for the next few days JIC he got any worse - he was back to his old self within 24 hours :)

Rosie
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi Lenore

That is exactly what Rosie was like and her temperature was the same figure and she was back to normal within a day or two of going to the vet and "touch wood" has been absolutely fine since.