PDA

View Full Version : ideas please for marmaduke

kado
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi im asking for a friend who rescued a cat on 5th dec last year. Whe she first got him he ate everything now he is realy picky. He eats the jelly of the meat and then leaves the meat he as access to dry buiscuits during the day. She has tried whiskes pouches, whiskers supermeat and felix as well. She is going away on fri and i am looking after him so any ideas what she can try to feed him on he dosnt like fishy food.

jane

Fran
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Has she tried Nature's Menu? I have a finicky eater and she lovels this. It comes in pouches in different flavours. Good luck and let us know how you get on...

alexgirl73
01-01-2007, 08:17 PM
HiLife is good too.

ellenlouise
01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Might it be that he just isnt hungry he pigs out on dry food during the day so he just has room for the best bit the jelly later on because thats the bit he likes. I have no idea so i am probably completely wrong.

teenytiny
02-01-2007, 03:32 AM
One of my cats does this. They both eat dried food, with 2 pouches of wet food too. Charlie will only eat his dried food, and only the jelly from the wet food. There is only 2 foods that he will attempt to eat the meat from as well as the jelly, and that's Felix beef flavour ( yeah like when do you see a cat eating a cow :roll: ) and highlife chicken flavour.

A hungry cat wont be that fussy. Put the food down, what he doesnt eat, take up and dont give him anything else til next meal time....he'll soon get the message to eat whats been put down for him! Either that or he's too full from the dried food, and the jelly is just a 'top up'

dinahsmum
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I agree - I think he is just being fussy because he can be. He knows he won't go hungry, because he has his biscuit which he likes.

Rosie
02-01-2007, 02:37 PM
My cats get fed twice a day 6.00 in the morning and 6.00 in the evening with nothing inbetween. They are always ready for their meal and know that if they don't eat it either the other one will or the dog will have it! My Rosie really doesn't like fishy things either so wouldn't force that on her.

Fran
02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
A hungry cat wont be that fussy.

I disagree, I have a Siamese that will literally starve herself rather than eat something she doesn't fancy. She just refuses to eat point blank unless it is something she likes and has always been this way since we got her from the breeder. I think on the whole most cats will eat when hungry but there are some that really are incredibly 'fussy'

Kay
02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I tend to agree with the fact that Marmaduke is having enough to eat with his dried biscuits. Just feed him on them, it is all my cats eat and they are all fine, making sure he has plenty of clean water readily available.