PDA

View Full Version : Litter tray problems

RRR
30-12-2006, 02:15 PM
The kittens are doing great and have settled in really well, after finding out that Ozzy was a girl we have now called her Lexi.

Lexi has been going to the toilet behind the TV and in our bedroom. She also uses the litter tray without any problems though. In the past the ferrets have used both these spots to go to the toilet on the odd occasion so I presume she can smell that and is getting confused.

Just wanted to know what the best thing is to clean it up with and to take away the smell to stop her going there again?

Any help would be gratefully recieved. Thank you :D

alexgirl73
30-12-2006, 03:13 PM
If I remember rightly, biological washing powder is one of the best things for cleaning it with, just don't use anything with ammonia in it as that will attract her to the same spot time and again.

Jac
30-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Try putting some bicarbonate of soda in the water, it nuterilises (hehe takes the smell away, now that was easier) . You could always put a tray behind the tv for a bit. After a while take it away.

RRR
30-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks, will try all your suggestions.

Its a nuisance as she has only started doing in the past few days!

Elaine
30-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Another tip you may want to try is after the areas are cleaned up, try leaving a little food on the soiled areas for a little while. They will then begin to associate the areas with food rather than somewhere to toilet. Thats the theory:lol: doesnt always work. Be carefull not to over feed though and just divide their meals between different bowls and areas.
All the very best.

dandysmom
30-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Some excellent suggestions above; I can't think of anything to add. Good luck, let us know how it works!