PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! He won't stop spraying

caz2236
27-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I've bought my british blue Benji a friend as sometimes we're out for long periods of time and it's the best thing I've done. I was really worried about them liking each other but things have gone exceptionally well, I nearly cried when I saw them cuddling... sooooooo cute:-D

Anyway her new brother is called Franky and it's a boy. He's 14 weeks and we've had him for about 3 weeks. Over the last week he's been spraying all over the houes. It's really smelly but he'll only do it on mats.. or beds:oops: I clear it up after everytime so he doesn't return to the smell.

We're picking up mats and making sure we don't leave him on our beds but you turn your back for two seconds and he's done it again...

I'm going to see the vet about him having 'the snip' however he's a bit young, any tips and will it stop when he's been done?:cry:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/caz2236/IMG_1649.jpg

John
29-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi caz..welcome to the group..as I am aware once they have had the snip it changes the hormone balance and there ok..it worked with the last 2 male cats I had.. good luck with it anyway

john

John
29-12-2006, 11:45 AM
p.s.. lovely looking cat
john

Elaine
29-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Have never experienced a male cat spraying so young but maybe he is just trying to mark out his new territory to help make him feel safe. Maybe you could help him by rubbing his facial scent glands lightly with a soft cloth and then wipe the cloth around the house, door posts, chairs etc, so that he can smell himself there and feel a little more secure.
Failing that how about some felifriend or something.
Sorry if thats no help at all.

Elaine
29-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Forgot to say, they are certainly gorgous little kitties xxxx