PDA

View Full Version : Surprise...Royal Canin for Leia!

dandysmom
23-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Picked up Leia's meds at the vet today, and discussed a change in diet,,,gave me a sample 5 1/2 oz. tin to see if she'd eat it, and was quite surprised to see that it was Royal Canin! I've seen it mentioned frequently here and just assumed, rather stupidly I guess, that it was a UK brand, probably because of the Royal in the name! It's, or at least this tin is, manufactured right here in the States in Missouri. Will try her on it tonight and really hope she'll eat it...she's used to a different variety of food each day, so hope this is really tasty!!

yola
23-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Royal Canin is a good food. I've been using it for nearly 10 years on my persians. I think the brand was originally French, but may well have now been bought by one of the big internationals.

dandysmom
23-12-2006, 10:01 PM
That's good to hear. This the SO, supposed to prevent crystal fornation in the bladder. Do yours eat the same food every day with no objection!

Kazz
23-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Cleo has the same basic food ie everything under the sun.

yola
23-12-2006, 10:58 PM
My cats have had Royal Canin Persian mix since almost day 1. Recently, due to Darcy's intestinal blockage during the summer, I've been mixing this with Intense Furball Formula. Apart from the occasional sachet of wet food and treats of various human foods, they're very happy on their RC.

Fran
24-12-2006, 12:11 AM
My kittens have RC kitten and babycat dry food and love it! It was the only dry food Porsha would eat after we got her and we tried loads of different ones..

Elaine
24-12-2006, 01:28 PM
My cats love Royal Canin, Winston used to prefer the Royal Canin prescription food to the Hills Science plan one.

alexgirl73
24-12-2006, 01:55 PM
My Teddie didn't do well on the RC, but I think that it was more to do with the fact it's a dry food than anything else. I'm sure Leia will love it.

dandysmom
24-12-2006, 08:54 PM
This is the tinned one. She ate it last night with enthusiasm, don't know how she'll take to the same food every day; she's used to different flavors. Will call the vet after the holidays to discuss the dry food' she wants dry for her snacks. Trouble is, it's a five pound bag; will be heavy lugging home on the bus, but if it will avoid another scary episode of cystitis,,,well, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!! Thanks for all the info you've posted!

logoes
24-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Dandysmom - you can read all about it on the manufacturer's site - all you need is to google in royalcanin. Logoes

dandysmom
24-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks, Logoes! Forgot to say that I'd done that as soon as I got home yesterday from the vets. Does India get different flavors every day, or the same thing?

Soupie
05-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Currently trying Pousse on the RC Active and Mature mix and she seems to like it :)

Kay
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
All my 9 Persians are fed on Royal Canin Fit 32 except for Ruby who is on Royal Canin Kitten. Iwean all my babies on it and have never had a problem with it.