PDA

View Full Version : Leia Chapter Three

dandysmom
22-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Just talked to Dr. Phillips! He is very pleased to hear that she's almost 100% back to normal: she's only weeing two to three times a day now, in and out of the box, not sitting there for five minutes at a time, and passing a normal amount of urine. with no signs of blood! Told me to get the anti-inflamatory meds tomorrow anyway, but that she might not need them if she continues to do well!! Said to keep it on hand if she shows signs of a relapse. What a relief! Didn't go into much detail about dietary changes, suggested using a special veterinary food called SO. Will talk to the staff tomorrow about it when I pick up the meds. It's great to have my little girl back to normal! Incidentally, she was weighed while there, and is 14 pounds! Not so little.....:roll:

Mags
22-12-2006, 10:01 PM
That is good news Eileen! It looks like you got her to the vet just in time before it developed too bad.....

It's a good idea to have the anti-inflamatory meds on standby anyway, just in case...

14 pounds :shock: ........ that is one big girl you have there! :D I bet you know it when she curls up on your lap!:D

alexgirl73
22-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Hurrah! That's great news Eileen, such a relief for you I'm sure. Hope she continues to improve well.

dandysmom
22-12-2006, 10:19 PM
That is good news Eileen! It looks like you got her to the vet just in time before it developed too bad.....

It's a good idea to have the anti-inflamatory meds on standby anyway, just in case...

14 pounds :shock: ........ that is one big girl you have there! :D I bet you know it when she curls up on your lap!:D That's the truth, Mags; what is really funny is when she leaps onto the bed just as I;m about to fall asleep...whole bed shakes! She loves the Tempurpedic mattress cover as much as I do!

dandysmom
22-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Hurrah! That's great news Eileen, such a relief for you I'm sure. Hope she continues to improve well.
Thanks, Alex! Nice especially that she won't be poorly at Christmas! How is Teddie doing?

alexgirl73
22-12-2006, 10:32 PM
She's doing well Eileen (fingers crossed, touch wood). Putting some weight on and no runs in nearly 2 weeks, gave her a tiny amount of the HiLife cat food today (min 50% fish) as she is so hungry even after her fish, it's just not enough for her, so we will take it very slowly with trying this.

Moli
22-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Brilliant to hear Leia is back to normal.....

dandysmom
22-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks, Moli! The thing is, I've been blessed with unusually healthy cats over the years: rarely if ever sick, so I tend to go into panic mode simply because I'm not used to it and over react!

logoes
22-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh Eileen, my "Little Melba" weighed about 7lbs., she ate well but never put any weight on.

Delighted to hear of leia progress, will keep fingers crossed that she continues to improve. Kath

Fran
22-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I am so pleased to be reading this Eileen :D Fingers crossed for no relapses but good idea to have the meds in just in case x

dandysmom
22-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh Eileen, my "Little Melba" weighed about 7lbs., she ate well but never put any weight on.

Delighted to hear of leia progress, will keep fingers crossed that she continues to improve. Kath Oh Kath, Melba was a little girl, wasn't she! Dandy, my Pura was 8 1/2 pounds, and they're a small breed! Do you have any Melba pictures? When you get the laptop, maybe we could see her as well as India! I'm very grateful that Leia has gotten over that spell and will be OK for Christmas; hope she never has a relapse. Vet says sometimes its a one on thing and sometimes will bother them for life...hope hers was just this once!!

yola
23-12-2006, 09:39 AM
It's a huge relief that Leia's feeling much better Eileen. Long may it continue :D

logoes
23-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes Eileen, I have pics of Melba but they are all pre-digital and I will need son's help to find out how to get them to you - once I do it may well be a case of Watch Out, Kath has sent yet another pic. If I don't speak to you again before Christmas I do hope you have a lovely time with a fully recovered Leia - Kath

dinahsmum
23-12-2006, 02:10 PM
All sounding good Eileen. The only xmas present you really wanted?
Fingers crossed that this is a one-off.

alexgirl73
23-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Sounding great! Hope it all continues to go well, give Leia a hug from me, and here's one for you ((hugs))