PDA

View Full Version : Might have homes for the kittens.

Snoof
22-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Hippie's dad rang yesterday and asked if the kittens had been born yet. Apparently Hippie's cousin is looking for a kitten, and his aunt, who has 2 16-year-old brothers, would like 2. She likes siblings.

We just have to see if our friend's little sister is allowed one (she's 15) because she has first dibs if her mother's ok with her having one. She had a cat she adored, but he had some kind of birth defect and died :(

However, it would seem that we've got homes lined up. If it works out this way (however it goes), then we'll always know how they're doing. And his auntie lives on a farm, so her cats get a lot of space to wander around in safely :-)

I did ask if these were people who would get them neutered/spayed, and he said definitely.

I'm pretty happy, so!

alexgirl73
22-12-2006, 09:44 AM
That's great news! And you'll always have that peace of mind knowing how they are.

dinahsmum
22-12-2006, 10:42 AM
That all sounds good!

yola
22-12-2006, 12:09 PM
It's good when you know that they're going to kind, genuine homes.

Fran
22-12-2006, 12:29 PM
It's lovely that they are going to people you know so that you can follow their progress as they grow up. You will get so attached to them, it's hard when they go to their new homes so going to friends/family does make it easier.

Mags
22-12-2006, 12:55 PM
That's good news Snoof..........

Sweet
22-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Great news x

Jac
22-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Thats good news. If its anything like up here kittens are like gold dust!
People are asking up to £70 for moggies.:shock: and getting it:roll:

As they are people you know, you'll be able to see them, great.

Snoof
30-12-2006, 01:51 PM
To be honest Jac, I'd really rather not get money for them - I don't like this idea that living beings are a tradeable commodity. The only time I've paid for a cat has been from a rescue, where the fee goes towards the cost of keeping that, and other animals safe and healthy.

If it works out this way and they all go to people we know, I don't actually want any money for them. We decided to keep her when we found out she was pregnant (never actually discussed the alternative) and we'll foot the bill for the resulting litter... If something falls through however, I guess I'll have to ask for £10 or £20 to make sure people don't muck us about.

I'm sure I'll annoy the hell out of people though - I'll ask so many questions they'll do anything to shut me up :lol: