PDA

View Full Version : Acting 'curious'-should i be worried?

Luke
20-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Clementine came in quite late last night actually, about half tennish after going out at about 7..she had already had her dinner prior to going out, but when she came in she was just very quiet..curled up on the sofa and went too sleep..this morning she turned her nose up at her bowl of wetfood which in itself is most curious, tried tempting her with some sardines which she can never resist...yet, this didn't even tempt her..she didn't seem to be intersted-had a saucer of warmed up goats milk though, and then didn't want to go out which is what started to make me even more curious as she allways goes out for a stroll after breakfast. And from then until now she has just slept on the back of the sofa..still hasn't eaten anything, didn't share Bella's brekkie, or the dogs food! And she didn't even want any of my cold cut roast beef outta my sarnies! Only thing she has had is warmed through goats milk..and has been very quiet.
Should i be worried at all? Do you think she is just having an off day due to being out in the cold for so long yesterday evening/night?

dinahsmum
20-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I thinkk you should keep an eye Luke.
Much too vague to go off making vet appointments etc but she could just be having an off day - or maybe she ate a bad mouse?
Do her ears feel hot, indicating a temperature? If not I wouldn't be too worried. If yes, I'd just keep a close eye for tonight.

Luke
20-12-2006, 06:29 PM
In herself she seems okay..just acting funny, she had a bit of chicken at about four, and proceeded to be sick-not sick the chicken up, it just looked like bile on inspection. She doesn't physically seem 'ill' she is just..acting odd:?

Naomi
20-12-2006, 06:44 PM
She may have eaten something that didn't agree with her.

Fran
20-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Luke - Has she been speyed? (and I don't want this thread turning into a speying debate) Reason I ask is if it were me and she was still entire with what you are describing I'd be worried about pyometra (womb infection).. Please let us know how she is x

Luke
20-12-2006, 07:58 PM
oh yes Clementine was speyed a loooong time ago!
Since vommiting she does seem too have picked up slightly, she's had some more warmed milk (will only have it warmed!) and ran her tounge over some steamed cod..so maybe she had eaten something that hadn't agreed with her?

Fran
20-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Sounds like it's something she has eaten or a bit of a chill in her tum then Luke..do let us know how she is. I hope by morning she is fully back to normal.