PDA

View Full Version : Cold Food

Donna
20-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know if there is anything wrong with feeding food from a tin that was opened in them morning and put in the fridge till tea time??

Wondering more about the coldness issue rather than germs thanks!!

smudgley
20-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't feed them cold meat from a tin, but better to leave it stand at room temp for a few mins 1st.

Fran
20-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I agree with Smudgley, anything I take out of the fridge for the cats I always allow to warm up to room temp before serving..

Claire m
20-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I was wondering about this my self, ebony will only eat her meat if its cold, at room temp she turns her nose up at it. So will it do her any harm being cold ?.

Fran
20-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I was wondering about this my self, ebony will only eat her meat if its cold, at room temp she turns her nose up at it. So will it do her any harm being cold ?.

It shouldn't do her any harm and if she is used to having it this way and is fine then I wouldn't worry. I just don't like the thought of putting very cold food in their tummies, I think if they are not used to it then it could lead to digestive upsets...

Claire m
20-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for that fran, i do worry sometimes that it will upset her tummy but being the fussy thing that she is i suppose she knows whats best lol.;)

Donna
20-12-2006, 11:26 AM
I just wondered if this contributed to Chloe being unwell but assume not.

I usually start a new tin in the morning from the cupboard and put the rest in fridge for afternoon and take out when I get in from work, but ended up all back to front and gave her cold the other day. Just wondered if this caused her cystitus.

charliebubs
20-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Most cats won't eat cold food and prefer it at room temperature or even slightly warmed. I don't think it will do them much harm if they do eat it cold though.

andrew021
20-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I would feed Jet praens or ham straight from the fridge, she never has a problem eating it.