PDA

View Full Version : How big should they be?

RRR
18-12-2006, 12:38 PM
My kittens are just over six weeks old. One is a nice healthy plump kittie but the other you can feel his bones. You can feel his ribs and hip bones a bit but he has a nice fat tum.

He's not really really skinny but compared to the other one he is a bit smaller.

I have some feline AD, is it worth giving him some of that? He's eating fine as far as Im aware and they have both been wormed (well I am in the process at the mo, last day of three days today of Panacur).

I may just be worrying over nothing, I just dont want to do anything wrong! :oops:

dinahsmum
18-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi Ria - is everyone ignoring you today?
What a worry-pot mummy you are! :lol:
Sounds like your boys are fine - just different. If you hadn't mentioned using a wormer I would have said that was an avenue to explore.
Sounds like they are just different physiques, or just at different stages of growth (albeit that they are siblings)
As long as they are eating, drinking, peeing and pooping normally they will grow up big and strong!
Enjoy!

Fran
18-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Sorry Ria, I somehow missed this thread :?

DM is quite correct. As long as they are doing everything they should be and appear happy and healthy, i wouldn't worry. Continue with the wormer and then get on with enjoying them ;)

tilly
18-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I did reply but I am not sure what happen to the post. But it just said the same as the other posts.
Sally

RRR
18-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Thank you everyone, I must admit I do worry over the smallest of things!

You'll all be fed up with me soon enough asking silly questions! Thanks for taking the time to answer them though.

dandysmom
18-12-2006, 09:15 PM
No such thing as silly questions here! Ask! As to siblings, there can often be a great difference in size: my friend had two from the same litter: Nimmy grew uo to be an enormous almost 18 pound tabby and white; his sister Kate was a very petite mackerel tabby who may have weighed 6 pounds wringing wet! Both healthy as horses!