PDA

View Full Version : Chicken, Fish and Milk

RRR
17-12-2006, 09:58 AM
More food questions I'm afraid! :D

Can they eat....

Chicken? Cooked or raw? At what age? Best way to cook if cooked? Boil?

Fish? Which type? With bones? Again cooked or raw and how to cook?

Milk? I know they cant have cows milk nor can the ferrets so I give them Lactofree milk instead, can the cats drink this?

Also the kitties are only 6/7 weeks old so can they have this stuff at their age?

Thanks so much for your help, its very much appreciated. :D

dinahsmum
17-12-2006, 10:56 AM
They will enjoy both chicken and fish. I gave mine both when they were as smal as yours.
I just cook white fish in the microwave, leave it to cool, flake it up and remove any bones. They enjoy the little bit of broth which appears in the cooking too.
Boil chicken in a little water, cool and remove from the bones and cut into tiny pieces at this stage. I like to give them thigh meat, as I think it is moister and posibly tastier for them. Again, they will like the cooking broth.
They don't need milk. Experts tend to say don't give it. Humans are the only animal to continue to take milk (albeit from other species) after they are weaned. :roll:

RRR
17-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your reply, thats really helpful. :D

What sort of fish though? Like frozen cod pieces you can buy from the supermarket?

dinahsmum
17-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Any white fish - fresh or frozen.
Coley or pollock is usually cheapest (kitties don't mind that!) and obviously cod and haddock are easy to find.
Some fishmongers sell fish trimmings but you'd need to watch out for bones in that.

RRR
17-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Thats great, thanks very much.

Fran
17-12-2006, 12:33 PM
I give my cats raw chicken mince. The new kitten I have just got was given raw beef and raw turkey mince by the breeder but I wouldn't advocate a sudden change in diet, if you do decide to change/add to their diet I would suggest doing it slowly. DM is right about the milk, they don't need it at their age now and I personally wouldn't feed it them..