PDA

View Full Version : Another 'stray' cat

alexgirl73
14-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Do I have a neon sign outside my house somewhere that says, CAT HOTEL!:?

For the last four days I have had another poor kitty camping out in my back garden and this one shows no signs of leaving. She's a ginger and white and is absolutley gorgeous. When she finally comes to you she purrs like mad, which is making me think that she either has or has had a home recently. But she will not leave my garden and for the past 3 nights has cried outside my back door all night long, begging to be let in. I also find her under my car when I go outside as well. I've phoned up my local vets to see if anyone has reported her missing and also checked the paper and local shops but no joy! What do I do for her? As you will see by the following photo, she jumps up onto my kitchen window sill and watches my 3 eating and playing and makes me feel very guilty! This morning she scared the life out of me. It was pitch black when I went in to feed the cats their breakfast and I heard this thud against the window, and there she was, peering in and yowling. :( Any other ideas on what I can do with her?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/ginger.jpg

Kazz
14-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I know this sounds silly but how long have you lived there???? you don't think she belonged to the last people whio lived in the house do you? and has made her way back to where she considers home???? may be worth checking if you've moved in within the last year or so.

alexgirl73
14-12-2006, 08:00 PM
We moved here a year ago yesterday actually Kazz, lol, but from the looks of her I dont think she would be much over that, and I don't think that the people who got evicted from this house were really cat people, unless they were lions or tigers or something!! More along the lines of rottweiler fans methinks. I've asked a few neighbours but none of them recognise the description of any cats around here.

Mags
14-12-2006, 08:00 PM
That's a good thought Kazz .........maybe the neighbours will recognise her Alex....:?

Kazz
14-12-2006, 08:03 PM
If she is that friendly get a cheap ealstic safety collar and put it on her with a note/tag with your phone number maybe (mobile) and then when she goes home which she may well have a nice one they will ring you and you can suss it out.

Kazz
14-12-2006, 08:05 PM
She could just be overly friendly not having a reason to be nervous of people. Bet she's got a nice home somewhere she does not look like a "stray"

alexgirl73
14-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Will do that tomorrow Kazz, forgot about that method. Only problem will be getting her to actually leave my garden. I'm not joking when I say she hasn't left in 4 days.

alexgirl73
14-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I didn't think she looked like a stray either but she is filthy!

Kazz
14-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe her people have gone away or changed routine and she's objecting.

EmmaG
14-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Perhaps a little trip to the vets to see if she is microchipped??

CathyW
14-12-2006, 09:24 PM
she is lovely bless her, so desperate to move in with u.

alexgirl73
14-12-2006, 09:26 PM
If I didn't have my 3 I would take her in an instant, she's so lovely! Will phone the vets tomorrow to check on the microchipping thing Emma, thanks!

dandysmom
14-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Alex, do yyou live in an area with students? Could be they went home for the holidays and just left her to fend for herself? Or maybe a senior citizen who's been in hospital with no one to look after her? Just reaching here, but she sounds like a friendly people-oriented cat,,,and it sure is obvious that she wants to come in!!!

dinahsmum
14-12-2006, 10:23 PM
......... or maybe changes in her home - new dog/new baby/visitors for the holidays. And she fancies the look of your place!

Fran
14-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Any other ideas on what I can do with her?

Adopt her?? She is gorgeous!!!!!

Moli
14-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Maybe she can sleep in the shelter you made for the other kittens...Until you find out where she belongs...
Sounds like its gone round the neighbourhood....Go to Aunty Alex, she is good to us!!

Sweet
14-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Awww bless - shes beautiful x

smudgley
14-12-2006, 11:26 PM
This is my theory.
Are you are still feeding the other 3? Or did they get taken in eventually? (sorry if I missed that) but my guess is that she's got a sniff of that yummy food being put out for them, started coming for a snack now & again & hey presto has in fact decided she'll hang around & eat more often!
I bet she's got a home near by.;)

alexgirl73
15-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I had been putting out the food for the others, since I phoned the cpl lady I have only seen Stripe on her own, not with the kittens and even then I've only seen her twice, don't they love to torment you! Anyway this ginger won't leave at all!! The last 2 mornings as soon as I have turned the kitchen light on she is at the window (I think she is sleeping in the shelter) and she sits in the garden all day long. AT the moment she is sitting in my muddy flowerbed just staring at the window, it's breaking my heart! Didn't manage to phone the vet to check for microchipping as I was Christmas shopping all day and I don't think theres much point in putting a collar on her as she wont leave for anyone to check it. I'm worried about how she'll be from sunday when I go to scotland.

smudgley
15-12-2006, 08:40 PM
If you are in on friday next week, I'm in Donnington - I can scan her for a M/C if she's around?

alexgirl73
15-12-2006, 08:45 PM
if I haven't had it checked by then I will let you know and that would be great smudgley. she's been out there all evening in the pouring rain, poor thing,

Liz
15-12-2006, 10:30 PM
If no owner will this ginger ninja have a home for christmas and beyond - it looks like our Lynx

alexgirl73
15-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I would dearly love to take her in Liz but it's just beyond our means to do so :( I will be on the lookout for a new home for her as soon as possible though if I can't find out where she comes from.

Fran
16-12-2006, 12:06 AM
she's been out there all evening in the pouring rain, poor thing,

I'm such a sucker - I'd have let her in :roll:

smudgley
16-12-2006, 12:09 AM
send her in a taxi to frans Alex, she's got room for just one more....:shock:

Smudgley runs for cover

Fran
16-12-2006, 12:30 AM
send her in a taxi to frans Alex, she's got room for just one more....:shock:

Smudgley runs for cover

:-D :-D :-D I wish I could win the lottery, I'd have a very large house just to accomodate a very large number of cats :)

smudgley
16-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I wish you could win the lottery too fran.
you buy the big house & me & Alex will provide as many cats as you can take. :-D

dandysmom
16-12-2006, 12:36 AM
I've got the opposite problem: a stray cat I desperately want to come in, but she won't!!! Good luck, Alex, in getting this sorted out......

John
18-12-2006, 10:50 PM
he/she is the image of my Sandie I had to pts 2 years ago..if I lived anywere near you I would have her in an instant....I live in Bristol.

john

Fran
22-12-2006, 12:39 PM
John, I have just noticed that you are online. I think that Alex is getting the cat checked for a microchip today. So it could be that if no microchip is found that she will be looking for a new home..

smudgley
22-12-2006, 01:59 PM
She isn't microchipped.
But she's a beauty!
a very purry, purry lady!

smudgley
22-12-2006, 03:15 PM
he/she is the image of my Sandie I had to pts 2 years ago..if I lived anywere near you I would have her in an instant....I live in Bristol.

john

John, if you are interested in the cat, I can tell you, she's a beauty. A really friendly little girl who has made herself at home in Alex's garden & was perched outside on the windowsill when I arrived.
If you wanted to take her on, I'm sure between us all we can get a cat from Telford to Bristol. (it's not that far really) :)