Winston was my handsome chap
He loved nothing more than my plump, cozy lap
He graced my life for many a year
8 months since your passing, I still shed a tear

So gentle and kind, loving and wise
You were my most treasured prize
We shared many good times both you and I
I’ll treasure those memories till the day I die

Remember when you tore your blind brothers ear?
As he yowled, you hid behind the chair in fear
I cuddled you both until friendship again reigned
You were such good boys, what would scolding have gained?

Remember when Woody projectile poo’d in my face?
You left the room quietly, with dignity and grace
I bet you were laughing so hard from inside
But poo on my face, I cannot abide

Then along came little Eva, so bold and so pretty
But you my old friend were too tired for this kitty
As always you were tolerant, gentle but firm
And how she looked up to you and loved you in return

And so Bernie came next, with which you were fine
But the Diva it seemed was gonna take her time
They are fine together now, you’ll be pleased to hear
I’ll always miss you my boy but I know you are near.

Moli
12-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Lovely Elaine....

Mags
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
:cry: Elaine, that is beautiful......

Elaine
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
:cry: Elaine, that is beautiful......
Oh dont :cry: Mags, you'll set me off again. I started typing it and felt quite light hearted, got little more than half way through when the water works started here too.:cry: ;)

yola
12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Elaine - your love for Winston shines through. Your poem is beautiful. I know neither you nor did I know Winston, but it brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks.

Moli
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Aww Elaine, you are sure to feel a bit weepy still, I lost my Sam in 99' and still fill up thinking of him.. Hugs xx

dandysmom
12-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who got weepy reading that, Elaine. Lovely tribute to a well-loved cat........

Elaine
12-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Thankyou every one, I really hadnt intended for it to be a weepy though. Maybe a little further down the line I will be able to write something with a bit more witt and humour to it because we did mostly share many good times.

Fran
12-12-2006, 11:38 PM
That is really lovely Elaine! What a lovely tribute to a grand old man :cool:

Sweet
13-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Beautiful words x

Elaine
13-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanx again everyone.

charliebubs
13-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Elaine, that is so lovely and moving. It has brought tears to my eyes, as well as making me giggle (the bit about the poo!!). What a fantastic tribute to a fantastic man. RIP Winston - play hard on the bridge with Midas and Abi's kittens.

Elaine
13-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Poor Woody on occasion had a little trouble with his anal glands. Unfortunately for me, I got it in the face that night and on another ocasion he let rip on a sandwich I was preparing. He was a lovely lad really though and we did all have a good belly laugh after I had had a shower. LOL

Kazz
13-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Beautiful words written from the depth of your heart.

alexgirl73
13-12-2006, 09:52 PM
How beautiful Elaine!

charliebubs
14-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Poor Woody on occasion had a little trouble with his anal glands. Unfortunately for me, I got it in the face that night and on another ocasion he let rip on a sandwich I was preparing. He was a lovely lad really though and we did all have a good belly laugh after I had had a shower. LOL

Euuuuhhhh - that's not so beautiful!!!! At least he had a loving, understanding mum like you, Elaine!!! And you'll certainly never forget him!!! lol

Elaine
14-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Euuuuhhhh - that's not so beautiful!!!! At least he had a loving, understanding mum like you, Elaine!!! And you'll certainly never forget him!!! lol

LOL your right there Charlie, Woody knew how to leave a mark:lol: and make his presence felt:lol:
The poor lad hadnt had an easy first few years before I stole him away to live with me.