PDA

View Full Version : Abscess

whiskey
11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
spike has got himself into a spot of bother he had been acting strange for a couple of days but i coundn`t find the problem until yesterday when i noticed he had pus running down his leg poor boy.ive cleaned it up and he seems happier today:) but i shall keep an eye on it if not it may be a tip to the vets:cry:

dinahsmum
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
It could well be OK now it's burst. Keep an eye, keep it clean (wash with salty water).
Fingers crossed he'll be fine now.

charliebubs
11-12-2006, 12:07 PM
One of mine had an abcess under his chin and I didn't notice it until it burst and there was blood and gunk everywhere - and he's white!! I felt really bad that I hadn't noticed it before, but he was fine. We went to the vets and they shaved the area and cleaned it for me and gave him a jab and he was fine. It healed really quickly and well. I'm sure your furbabe will be fine, just keep an eye on it for infection.
:)

Mags
11-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Hope Spike will be ok now.......

Sweet
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Sending ((((((hugs)))))) x

Kim
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm sure he will be fine, as DM says bathe with cooled boiled salty water, make sure you get all the pus out before the wound heals. I find veterinary wound powder excellent. Caleb our dog had a nasty wound recently after a run through some woods and the wound powder kept it dry and helped keep out infection. I bought mine at the vet medic pharmacy. www.vet-medic.com/

whiskey
11-12-2006, 10:36 PM
thanks for the advise he seems alot happier now ive bathed it with warm salt water and seems to be doing the trick thanks again everyone:D :D

dandysmom
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Let us know how Spike,s doing, please, Whiskey! (((hugs))) to you both!

Fran
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Hope Spike recovers soon Whiskey x