PDA

View Full Version : Cleo is under the weather

Kazz
09-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Cleo is poorly - she has been sick a few times in the night waking me up and today she hasn't eaten anything (unlike her) - and not drinking a lot either, I did not even go to Town today stayed at home with her, I put the tree up but did nothing else :roll: -she is very quite, and I think she is "starting with" conjunctivitis like Oscar had - a symptom I think of being run down - phoned the vet he said maybe something and nothing but with her age I will be off to the vets tomorrow morning (Thank God they are open Sunday's) it may be nothing but by the same token better safe than sorry you watch her make a liar of me and be healthy and purrey.:roll: Appointment at 11.00am.

alexgirl73
09-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Fingers crossed for her Kazz, that it's nothing serious. Is it a real tree or a fake, 'cause I was just reading an article earlier about a cat that was allergic to real Christmas trees, something to do with the needles.

Kazz
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Good sideways thinking there Alex but no a real tree and she ain't allergic to tree's we've had loads over the years. But good thinking Thank you.

Sure she will be fien but its year next week the 18th I had Oz PTS so may be making me nervous I think - daft eh?

alexgirl73
09-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Not daft at all Kazz, it's sure to prey on your mindat this time. ((HUGS)) to you both.x

dandysmom
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Not daft at all. Kazz, perfectly normal! Hope and prayers that it's nothing serious & the vet says she's fine tomorow, It's going to be a long night, isn't it? (((hugs))) xx

Kazz
09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes I suspect it is going to be a long night.
Its really weird if you think about it she sleeps I watch, she moves I am like a hawk following her around :roll: she thinks I've lost the plot more than normal I think. Poor old cat lumbered with a nutty owner to add to her worries. :-D mind you it could be worse, I could start singing to her.

alexgirl73
09-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Don't do that Kazz, she has enough problems!!!!!!

Kazz
09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Don't do that Kazz, she has enough problems!!!!!!

Yes I know she is irritated by the phone ringing every hour or so checking if she is okay - family eh!:roll:
Plus - I hid her ear plugs but don't tell her :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

dandysmom
09-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, at least you don't play the harmonica (or do you?) I had one as a kid, found it in the back of a drawer years later when I had my Siamese. I started my rendition of "Red River Valley" (the only thing I could play on it); the cat looked at me incredulously, let out a Siamese shriek and promptly left the room!!!

Fran
09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Kazz, this coming week is bound to be difficult, I know exactly how you are feeling ;) Fingers crossed that it is something and nothing and that she bounces back with avengence tomorrow x

Kim
10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
I really hope it is nothing serious Kazz, will be thinking about you & Cleo. xx

Moli
10-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Sorry to hear Cleo,s poorly Kazz, hope all goes well at the vets... xx

dinahsmum
10-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Just caught this Karen, and it's nearly 11. I can imagine that your heart feels it's just below your tonsils. :(
It could (partly) be a 'transmitted tension' thing between you and Cleo as Oscar's anniversary gets nearer. Or it could be Cleo's mood dropping as the length of day drops. I am convinced that daylight is good for our animals and too much dark/artificial light is bad for them.
Whatever, I hope the vet visit is successful, that nothing significant is found and that you will both be feeling lots better in a day or two. xxx

Mags
10-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Just caught up on this Kazz......... I hope it was just an 'off' day with Cleo and you woke to find her fine this morning. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif

Thinking of you......... x

Booktigger
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Fingers crossed it is nothing KAzz, I know how hard it is towards anniversaries though.

Sweet
10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I am just catching this thread......

I really hope all went well at the vets ((((((hugs)))))) x

Kazz
10-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks all very much the vet at a loss as to the sickness - has taken some blood etc to see if the CRF has got worse - but as he has said before given her age it isn't surprising she is off occasionaly - have to say she has picked up a bit but the trouble is at this age (24) are you doing the right thing whatever you do. Although I know deep down I will know when the right time comes - its the false leads before hand that get me.
Oh well have a Christmas do tonight and will be off soon - mobile left on but she is asleep having eatena little chicken breast and now asleep under the tree oddly enough :) cats eh?

Mags
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
It's understandable how worried you are about any little thing with Cleo, Kazz.
I'm glad the vet didn't seem too concerned......

Have a good time at your Christmas do tonight!;)

Fran
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm glad the vet didn't seem too concerned Karen. Fingers crossed for the results. Have an enjoyable evening :)

Elaine
10-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Dont know how I managed to miss this thread.
So sorry to hear she is a little under par. It may well be a bit of excess tummy acid playing her up and making feel a bit icky Kazz. I dont think she is ready to leave you just yet, maybe if she is sick again, a little zantac syrup or something from the vet to settle her tummy would help and get her eating again.
I remember every time Winston had a slump, I would watch over him like a hawk, always wondering if this was the time or not but normally he would rally round after a day or two.
Good luck with the blood results, will be thinking of you both. xxx

dandysmom
10-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Very relieved that the vet isn't too concened, and that she's eaten a little. Bless her1

Donna
10-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Glad Cleo has not caused the vet much concern and hope she picks up and back to her old self soon x

Sweet
11-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I hope Cleo is all better today x

whiskey
11-12-2006, 09:25 AM
fingers crossed for cleo and i do hope she feels better very soon:)

smudgley
11-12-2006, 10:04 AM
how is she today Kazz?

dinahsmum
11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Hope she's had a good night and is sitting up and taking some lightly scrambled egg

Luke
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Hope she starts too feel better soon kazz, could it bust the stitches of time beginning to unravel ever so slightly, do you think?

Mags
11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Cuddles for Cleo ..........:)

Kazz
11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
She has turned her nose up at scrambled egg - so tempting with a little grated cheese which was ignored so went over the road and brought her the extra mature tatse the difference Irish cheddar which seemed to engage her slightly. :) But at least she ate some a little chicken breast again today and she had a little chicken broth too - made specially for her. Will try again a little later with some Lemon sole (steamed) shelikes that - not spoilt at all eh?

Naomi
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Hope you can encourage Cleo to eat more Kazz but atleast she's eating something and keeping it down.

dandysmom
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Glad she's eating, even if it's not a whole lot, and keeping it down! How did the sole go?

Kazz
11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
She adores Lemon Sole and ate a whole fillet :) mind you the fishmonger when I went to buy it said "having something nice with it" I said just steaming it he said "ah nice with Lemon" and I said without thinking " No the cat doesn't like lemon" should have seen his face - you could see "stupid woman buying first class lemon sole for a cat" but he ain't never met her so he doesn't realise how special she is.

dandysmom
11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
She's an A Number One Special Cat, who deserves her lemon sole the way she likes it! I can just imagine the look on the fishmonger's face.........:roll:

Kim
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
I spoil mine like that too Kazz. The other day Caleb had some nice raw lamb chops! Pleased to hear Cleo is eating, albeit 'posh nosh'!!

Sweet
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Only the best will do ;) x

Naomi
12-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Can just imagine the look on his face :lol: She deserves the best does Cleo

Booktigger
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Aww, fingers crossed for her.

dandysmom
12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Speaking of posh food, remember a while back Yola mentioned smoked salmon and cream cheese on toast? Got me salivating and got some; offered a bit to Leia who sniffed politely and walked away! She doesn't like fish, even the really expensive stuff! So, I was wondering. have you tried any smoked salmon for Cleo...she obviously has a more educated palate.......:-D

Fran
12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast the other morning. I hardly got to have any of the smoked salmon as Bliss and Porsha couldn't get enough of it! :roll:

Kazz
12-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh yes she adores smoked salmon - honestly brought some back a few years ago fresh from Loch Fynne in Scotland and she was in like a shot. :)

She turn her nose up at pink salmon in tins but demolishes red tinned salmon - pref boneless and skinless.

But have to admit not had smoked salmon for awhile something to consider.

Kazz
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
She likes rice pudding too homemade but will take tinned if forced.

Elaine
12-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Bless Cleo and her expensive tastes. The Diva and Bernie love it when Graham goes fishing and brings home some trout. They would eat the whole thing if I let them LOL

dandysmom
12-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Misty adored red skinless & boneless tinned salmon...would have eaten the whole tin if I'd let her! Unfortunately, I'd never learned to appreciate smoked salmon back in those days; bet she would have loved it! Leia has very plebian tastes....:roll:

dandysmom
12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
:smt115 Wonder if I could coax Onyx to come to me with a piece of smoked salmon..........

Moli
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
:smt115 Wonder if I could coax Onyx to come to me with a piece of smoked salmon..........Think all 5 of my cats would come to live with you DM if smoked salmon was on the menu!:shock: :lol:

dandysmom
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
:-D Will try it tomorrow if the rains hold off! Moli, they'd be welcome, but it's not something that's on the menu every day!!!

Sweet
13-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Ive never had smoked salmon :? x

Kazz
13-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Ive never had smoked salmon :? x

Pop over to Fran's she has it for brekkie.:-D

Kazz
13-12-2006, 01:31 PM
:smt115 Wonder if I could coax Onyx to come to me with a piece of smoked salmon..........

If not I bet you could coax her with a nice piece of warm chicken skin or breast, every cat I know loves chicken but some as you say are not fish fans.

Fran
13-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Pop over to Fran's she has it for brekkie.:-D

:lol: Only occasionally Kazz and now I know the meezers have a fetish for it, I fear that it will be quite a rarity here :-D

Give it a try Sweet, it's delicious!

dandysmom
13-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Do give it a try, Sweet; it's really delicious! And not all cats love chicken, my Miss Picky Leia will not eat it; she's the fininckiest cat I've ever lived with, although she's recently decided ham is not "people food", so will eat some! :roll: