PDA

View Full Version : It's Blind Date!!!

Donna
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Spent this weekend starting to bond my bunnies :shock: :shock:

Arranged for the first blind date in my bath (neutral territory) and Pickle spent the whole time chasing Twinkle and humping her :shock: :shock: Poor thing - she didnt know what was going on!!!

After an hour I put them back into their own hutches.

Today in the bath again, Twinkle was very scared to start with (remembering all those previous humpings:oops: ). She was very jumpy and kept running away from Pickle who had seemed to have lost his urge somewhat :roll: :roll:

Eventually....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC00026.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC00028.jpg

We had mutual grooming :p :p :p

Excuse the poor quality - mobile phone!!

Put them back into their own hutches for the night and will keep on doing the intros each evening this coming week to make sure all is well. Then I will proceed to let them live

HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!

Mags
03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm glad you didn't have to turn the bath tap on Donna!!:shock:

Hopefully they will soon settle down together .......

Donna
03-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm glad you didn't have to turn the bath tap on Donna!!:shock:

Hopefully they will soon settle down together .......

I had my water spray ready Mags!!! Have heard so many horror stories of rabbits fighting and causing serious injury - but it seems to be going well at the moment - considering I am a novice!!

Was advised to put them together and only separate if there was any blood :shock: :shock: :shock:

Luckily my two bunnies behaved very well :D

Elaine
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Aww excellent news, I hope all remains calm and no bloodshed but it certainly sounds like its all going in the right direction.:D

Fran
03-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Good luck Donna! Rabbits can be very very nasty and can fight to the death :( My two lived happily together for around 2 years, shared the same hutch, garden etc., both neutered and then one day out of the blue for no apparant reason one attacked the other visciously and resulted in one needing major emergency surgery :( From that day forward they could never be let together, although they could often be found sitting either side of the fence sniffing each other :roll:

Donna
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Good luck Donna! Rabbits can be very very nasty and can fight to the death :( My two lived happily together for around 2 years, shared the same hutch, garden etc., both neutered and then one day out of the blue for no apparant reason one attacked the other visciously and resulted in one needing major emergency surgery :( From that day forward they could never be let together, although they could often be found sitting either side of the fence sniffing each other :roll:

I wonder what caused them to change so much???? Animals are so strange! Or that we dont understand them as much as we think we do!!

alexgirl73
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Lovely photos! Hope it all continues to go well with them.

Fran
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I wonder what caused them to change so much???? Animals are so strange! Or that we dont understand them as much as we think we do!!

I really don't know why they suddenly turned against each other Donna :? It really was so very out of the blue :?